Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 18, 19, 2019 Severe Event

DanLarsen34

3 minutes ago, ryan1234 said:

Yeah, that really surprised me. I would have assumed that there would have been at least a high risk for tornadoes and a moderate risk for EF-2's+. Even within the squall line. 

Well if the risk from that is down a bit, I'll take any win I can get. Would like to avoid anything severe as much as possible.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure I would read too much wording into that Ral NWS discussion. The possibility for an F3 or higher tornado this afternoon IMO rests on the CAPE. If we can get a few hours of sunshine after this rain band, there is definitely that chance. Not sure there will be an "outbreak" , but severe cells w/ a few long track tornadoes is bad enough.

5 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

I'm not sure I would read too much wording into that Ral NWS discussion. The possibility for an F3 or higher tornado this afternoon IMO rests on the CAPE. If we can get a few hours of sunshine after this rain band, there is definitely that chance. Not sure there will be an "outbreak" , but severe cells w/ a few long track tornadoes is bad enough.

I'm feeling a little less concerned hear just east of that big batch of heavy rain here. Past experience says this much rain and clouds really hamper severe weather and even though the Windfields are insane lack of sun and a worked over atmosphere always give me pause when it comes to severe weather.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shaggy said:

I'm feeling a little less concerned hear just east of that big batch of heavy rain here. Past experience says this much rain and clouds really hamper severe weather and even though the Windfields are insane lack of sun and a worked over atmosphere always give me pause when it comes to severe weather.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing till i saw the visible sat showing that clearing working its way north 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shaggy said:

I agree, but a couple of hours of sun could change that quickly.  There are breaks in the clouds behind this initial shot of rain.

Squall line is just to My Immediate South & West by a few miles.. I think it's going to "clip" New Hanover county..

Winds steady @ to SSE 21~ gusting to over 30- mph...

What I FIND INTERESTING<< THE "convectively " <sp> ,,  from these storms, start happening, When these Storms come on Land from the cool ocean waters, water Temp is 65 Blowing up as the come over the NOW HEATED Atmosphere over land, interesting watching the  Radar..

Peaks of Sun has driven up temps from the Low-Mid 70's too now almost 80F in the past 1/2 hour.. 

Dewpoints in the high 60's with Humidity in the 90's   

wx.JPG

6 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

* AT 154 PM EDT, A TORNADO PRODUCING STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR  
  ORANGEBURG COUNTY AIRPORT, OR 8 MILES SOUTH OF ORANGEBURG, MOVING  
  NORTHEAST AT 55 MPH.  

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  
  SOURCE...RADAR CONFIRMED TORNADO.  

I can verify, got hit with the outflow 

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 230 PM EDT FOR  
SOUTHEASTERN CALHOUN...WESTERN CLARENDON AND NORTH CENTRAL ORANGEBURG  
COUNTIES...  

AT 214 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR ST. MATTHEWS, OR  
11 MILES NORTHEAST OF BROOKDALE, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 55 MPH.  

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  

SOURCE...RADAR CONFIRMED TORNADO.