• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

May 2019 Discussion

YES!!! I was able to get bufkit at least back to working but still have that stupid runtime 384 error. Emailed the webmaster and perhaps they'll have a solution. What a PITA this is...absolutely ridiculous. 4 hours working on this lol...should be a 5 second process. 

ughhh this always happens with bufkit but how do you delete every single trace of a program. The number of problems are just ridiculous...its even at the point to where when I have the program pinned to the task bar it doesn't even give the bufkit logo. 

I've done add/remove programs...uninstall, I've deleted the install folders from the download folder, emptied the recycle bin, deleted any folders wit bufkit in the name.But when I reinstall it somehow has the same settings and not default. 

In the "This PC section" I type in bufkit and it comes up with a ton of results but it won't let me delete them. 

I FIXED IT!!!!

It was a stupid screen resolution issue. It was set to like 1920 x 1080. Changed to 1366 x 768 (which is what my other laptop is defaulted at) and it worked!!!

Although this laptop has a smaller screen so it looks a bit funky but w/e 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

6 hours of wasted time all b/c of something as stupid as screen resolution. unbelievable. 

6 hours of pbp we will never get back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The last two pages of this thread have been awesome. People debating the need for AC interspersed with Wiz having a soliloquy regarding his bufkit rage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

How many 90s today?

beautiful mid 80s here.   Cooling off decently.  Nice to be downing IPAs on the screen porch

90.2 was the high here... a/c in my room set at 60, almost seems chilly :)

74.2° F max here. It was warm working outside in the sun, but a robust breeze made it comfortable and kept the black flies at bay for a while before the wind slacked off and they picked up again around 5 PM. No deer flies yet, thank god.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wxmanmitch said:

74.2° F max here. It was warm working outside in the sun, but a robust breeze made it comfortable and kept the black flies at bay for a while before the wind slacked off and they picked up again around 5 PM. No deer flies yet, thank god.

Black flies are pretty much done here.  Mosquitoes will be next.  Deer flies near the middle of June through the end of July    Seasons in seasons

36 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Black flies are pretty much done here.  Mosquitoes will be next.  Deer flies near the middle of June through the end of July    Seasons in seasons

Ugh deer flies.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Good to know. Black flies are absolutely insane here right now. Last year they ran from Mother's Day to Father's Day with the peak around Memorial Day. 

Looks tough to get any real sustained warmth here for next two weeks, not with lower heights to our northeast. No need to install.

• Haha 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

How is Weds evening looking?  Our son has HS graduation...outside.  Rain date is Thurs

Finger's crossed for dry. Looks cool, but maybe that can be squeezed in between rain. I'd say dry.

Also, this warm and dry May...for who? Could be a good slug of rain Tuesday and then maybe more Thursday. After today's warmth, might get a few days of neg departures. I'm not sure what has gotten into some mets lately on TV...but people have been quick to try and be a maverick. 

88.5 here yesterday.  Not quite 90 but felt great.  Looks active with multiple fronts/ frontal waves with the big heat dome squashed with heigher heights developing out west.  My father is up in Central Maine for the weekend and put up a couple of pictures on Facebook looks like the leaves are about a month behind here.  

9 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Finger's crossed for dry. Looks cool, but maybe that can be squeezed in between rain. I'd say dry.

Thanks Scott.   If they cancel Weds it happens Thursday rain or shine. If they move it indoors I think he can only have one guest

Another beaut today

9 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Also, this warm and dry May...for who? Could be a good slug of rain Tuesday and then maybe more Thursday. After today's warmth, might get a few days of neg departures. I'm not sure what has gotten into some mets lately on TV...but people have been quick to try and be a maverick. 

Fisher was talking drought the other day...oof

• Haha 1

Kinda funny how badly Wednesday failed. 95° in SNE a few days ago and now it’s doored practically down to BWI. Can’t wait for my 40s tomorrow. 

22 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

How long have you been in Maine?  Where in NNJ were you?  I lived in Morris County for a couple years 20 some-odd years ago.

Where in Morris?

We moved to BGR on 1/23/73 after I was accepted as a transfer to U. Maine on my 2nd try.  After graduation we moved to Fort Kent on 1/1/76 and found the change in climate from that 200-mile move was twice that of the earlier 400-mile move.  Grew up in Morris, small town named Kinnelon (named by/for Albert Kinney, who made his fortune selling Sweet Caporal cigarettes) in the north part of the county and eastern edge of the Jersey Highlands.

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s been doing well. So just be careful 

I think it depends on where you are.  ORH is barely below average for May. One quick spritz will bring it to average.  

Topped out at 71 yesterday, but it was steamy after the brief shower about 12:30 PM.  Got some drier air by late afternoon.  All sun and dry today, will see if the pike are hungry at North Pond.  GYX has a freeze watch for central Franklin but not outhern - likely we'll flirt with frost here.  Not uncommon, as median last frost is 5/24.  Black flies out and hungry, mosquitos arriving.