Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You lost too friend. One of the biggest trolls that hides behind the moderator label . But you’ve been wetter and colder than SNE. That’s a tough spot to be 

What did I lose? My birds are loving this. Plus we had an awesome holiday weekend. I couldn’t give two shits what happens Tu-F. 

43 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

This may be the year without a summer

I don't know what side of the emotional curve you actually reside ... or who you really are for that matter, but I wouldn't fret it.

Where you are right now?    ... It is shown via advanced physical modeling in the Astronomy science of large stellar death, that the core ceases fusing heavier elements at the instance iron is created - the reason this happens is because fusing into iron into heavier elements actually takes energy, where as all other elements in the periodic table lighter than iron give energy when fusion take place.  At that point, the core no longer is producing enough nuclear pressure to withstand the force of inward crushing gravity, and collapses violently ... into either a neutron star, or...  a black hole.  The intermediate layers of the star, some 100,000 times denser than rock, recoil outward ...separating themselves from the inner core, and as the shock surfaces the star, those outside witness detonation all at once as a super nova.  

The fantastic aspect about that process is that it takes ~ 10 hours to go from initial iron sequencing in the core, to the shock wave of the nova exceeding the surface of the stellar body, whereby it accelerates outward at millions of miles per hour.  Inside the 10 hours ... the surface of the star actually looks to the outside observer as though nothing out of the ordinary is taking place.  No clue that the star is already a corpse ..

This cold pattern ... it's that 10 hours ;)   ... I'd say a week to ten days from now we're looking at a warm nova in the models. Not sure who 'warm' that means, but... the hemispheric circulation construct is no longer supportive at that time and thus ... pattern change...  Given how cool it's been ( save some offset days here and there) ...it's highly likely the new paradigm is warmer look.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know what side of the emotional curve you actually reside ... or who you really are for that matter, but I wouldn't fret it.

Where you are right now?    ... It is shown via advanced physical modeling in the Astronomy science of large stellar death, that the core ceases fusing heavier elements at the instance iron is created - the reason this happens is because fusing into iron into heavier elements actually takes energy, where as all other elements in the periodic table lighter than iron give energy when fusion take place.  At that point, the core no longer is producing enough nuclear pressure to withstand the force of inward crushing gravity, and collapses violently ... into either a neutron star, or...  a black hole.  The intermediate layers of the star, some 100,000 times denser than rock, recoil outward ...separating themselves from the inner core, and as the shock surfaces the star, those outside witness detonation all at once as a super nova.  

The fantastic aspect about that process is that it takes ~ 10 hours to go from initial iron sequencing in the core, to the shock wave of the nova exceeding the surface of the stellar body, whereby it accelerates outward at millions of miles per hour.  Inside the 10 hours ... the surface of the star actually looks to the outside observer as though nothing out of the ordinary is taking place.  No clue that the star is already a corpse ..

This cold pattern ... it's that 10 hours ;)   ... I'd say a week to ten days from now we're looking at a warm nova in the models. Not sure who 'warm' that means, but... the hemispheric circulation construct is no longer supportive at that time and thus ... pattern change...  Given how cool it's been ( save some offset days here and there) ...it's highly likely the new paradigm is warmer look.

Tippy stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. You wanna really have some stellar fun, check out strange matter inside neutron stars. Weird wild wacky stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Chernobyl on hbo is fascinating.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually ... it really is yeah 

It’s a bit short on the science and more about the drama....I had to look up a few things like the significance of finding shattered graphite...but that’s expected in a series to draw the audience in. Regular Joe and Sarah don’t want to sit through a physics class for x amount of episodes. But they do showcase the science fairly well which I’m mostly tuned it for...attempting to wrap my head around it.

52 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s a bit short on the science and more about the drama....I had to look up a few things like the significance of finding shattered graphite...but that’s expected in a series to draw the audience in. Regular Joe and Sarah don’t want to sit through a physics class for x amount of episodes. But they do showcase the science fairly well which I’m mostly tuned it for...attempting to wrap my head around it.

In the first episode the head scientist go through the difference in terms that common people can understand when he counters the party boss who thinks the radiation is the equivalent of a chest xray.  He mentions that the graphite on the roof is the equivalent of 40 MILLION chest xrays.  Real life Horror film for sure. 

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Imaging if you were conscripted to shoot all those animals, dogs and cats included? I'd have to drink a bottle of vodka in the morning before I started.

9 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Exactly my point.  

Good post!  

Selfies...what a bunch of morons!!!  That’s  Downright Embarrassing!  

People used to spend a half hour setting up a group photo on the summit after carrying a tripod and Camera to the summit.  But someone takes a few selfies and it's embarrassing.  How do you think there are photos of groups on the summit in the 80s and 90s?  

I mean this stuff is laughable when you realize what people are freaking out about. There was a fukkin' IMAX movie filmed up there (was shown in Boston Museum of Science) with a crew of 50 sherpas just to lug camera equipment all over the place to the summit and back.  In addition to multiple other movies but the surround screen footage of IMAX required special cameras.  And worried about selfies...it probably drastically reduced the time they spent on the summit.  

I get why the Sherpas are getting pissed though, their paradise has been discovered.  Just like how any local reacts once they see their slice of the world get crowded.  Ski towns, beach towns, Carribean Islands, anywhere the locals start to hate the visitors when they come in and remained unchecked.  

HBO rocks.  

Also, I was wrong-winter wolf was right-they let idiots go to Everest.  I blame (mostly) the Nepali government for not regulating the traffic but seriously doesn’t anyone realize that being on Everest is like going outside at cruising altitude of a jet?

Blistering heat here in FL this week.