Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

So much anger with a side of poor taste in the last couple pages.  Peeps get antsy when the heat is denied.

It always hurts when trolling backfires. The best defense mechanism is to spend time Googling new avatar ideas.

This is classic support group behavior ... I mean, is this AA for weather-co-dependcy or what hahaha. 

Annywho... I'm curious about this 12z Euro.  Upon scanning both the CDC and CPC teleconnectors, neither support the operational run's severely negative NAO solution that pretty much completely shuts summer down through mid June... 

That said, the teleconnectors correlations become far less dependable after April... In fact, the CDC doesn't even calculate the PNA's coefficiencies during JJA...  In January it'd be a slam dunk that whatever you see on the operational is bullshit... But now.. mm.  tough -   ... The NAO has a significant positive tendency going forward fwiw ... just about diametrically opposing the operational run.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How can anyone think that or hate summer or look forward to closing a pool .. that is mind boggling to me . Never heard that before 

He needs snow.

We are thinking of investing in a pool at some point but 2 months of true summer use seems like a negative ROI over the next 20 years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

I know Kinnelon--right by Butler/Route 23??

I was in Boonton Twsp.

That's the place.  Our place was at the edge of Butler Reservoir watershed land, so we could walk 3,000' north without seeing a road or house, not that common in NNJ.  I was in the last Kinnelon class to graduate from Butler HS,=; just missed being in the 1st class out of the new KHS.  Butler-Boonton was the traditional Thanksgiving Day football game back then.

He needs snow.
We are thinking of investing in a pool at some point but 2 months of true summer use seems like a negative ROI over the next 20 years.
Mine is almost 2 years old. Last season was weird because we were redoing our deck and it took time to finish the cement and landscaping. This season its just all enjoyment. It's heated, so it's been open for a couple weeks and I plan on keeping it going thru September. IMG_20190527_143035.jpg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

Mine is almost 2 years old. Last season was weird because we were redoing our deck and it took time to finish the cement and landscaping. This season its just all enjoyment. It's heated, so it's been open for a couple weeks and I plan on keeping it going thru September. IMG_20190527_143035.jpg

Looks great. Not sure we would ever get enough use out of something similar to make it worthwhile. It would deff add value and look appeal though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those who are wishcasting heat, good luck with this pattern. At least for next two weeks. It’s not a cold look, but far from a heat and humidity look. 

In fact... purely for amusement I'd say the Euro won't stop until we actually sensible register a snow event in June right here in SNE.  

I've extolled upon this at ( ignored ) length in the past, but .. I really think NCEP needs to commit a retinue of upper level grad student to the task of proving that a plausible by-product of global warming are these unrelenting trough plumbs over eastern Canada that seem to be the new intra-decadal norm.   It's done this every year going back to 2000, with the exception of 2009, 2010 and 2012 ... 

Octobers too - it's a bookending thing.   Snow early...  "pretend" to snow but only enable annoying poster's with the word "snow" in their avatars. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

Looks awesome,  just got out of mine. Fantastic day here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those who are wishcasting heat, good luck with this pattern. At least for next two weeks. It’s not a cold look, but far from a heat and humidity look. 

Looks slightly AN. No one is forecasting unabated heat . Just a mild to warm pattern before the big flip mid June . But nothing cold or terrible BN like some have either 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks slightly AN. No one is forecasting unabated heat . Just a mild to warm pattern before the big flip mid June . But nothing cold or terrible BN like some have either 

Man...you are really struggling this spring. I'm getting a little concerned about you...borderline meltish if this holds through all of June.