Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Suits and ties today. COC.

Hopefully at some point.  

Low clouds and misery mist drizzle up this way.  The ceiling keeps bouncing between 1500-2000ft.  Low vis and then it rises a couple hundred feet, then lowers with the next moisture pulse. 

IMG_3268.JPG.e84f3cde6419983337a3509ab52e5f7c.JPG

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hopefully at some point.  

Low clouds and misery mist drizzle up this way.  The ceiling keeps bouncing between 1500-2000ft.  Low vis and then it rises a couple hundred feet, then lowers with the next moisture pulse. 

IMG_3268.JPG.e84f3cde6419983337a3509ab52e5f7c.JPG

The Green mountains misery mist. LOL. Should improve later no?

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

That is some trough that digs into the west later this weekend. Sierra Nevada's going to get smoked

\\

Snow levels are gonna get crazy low out there again for May...prob 4000 feet in the heavy stuff.

34 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Snow levels are gonna get crazy low out there again for May...prob 4000 feet in the heavy stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised. There's gotta be some areas there that have to be approaching 700''...if not even more. February was insane for that area...seemed like in February every storm was dropping 3-5 feet of snow. 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Not buying heat yet.

Lol ...  

why? because it's all gone on the 00z models ?   

can't say I blame anyone ... I've never been completely sold, and it goes both ways too.  In other words, it could come back... I don't know. 

The problem from where I'm sitting is that this 'ridge in the east' is really not 'in the east'  ... IT's in the southeast.   It's way down there.  The center axis of the deep layer anticyclonic torque is centered over Huntsville Alabama or thereabouts...  As you know, we really need that over WV or so ...otherwise, the westerlies run over the top and ablate the heat, at other times, relax enough that a passing warm sector might grab some of heat and swath it through for a day-day and half.  Recently, we had the latter... now, we go back the other way, and the vulnerability of that total large synoptic circulation structure is that NO heat on this run gets really much N of PA ...  and we even have BD exact oppositve of 90s on wednesday ... In fact, it might in the 50s with mank if that Euro run verifies...  

Can't trust it either way though...  What we can trust is that the ridge is too far S for confidence in how we may or may not get into any continental warm air mass during next week.  If seasonal trend is an indicator?   No... the atmosphere engineers a way of f warm enthusiasts right in the corn-hole... while making it look like they had a chance all along just to be particularly vicious in that disappointment.  DEFINITELY very high confidence for that overall scenario, based on unrelentingly doing that all year ;) 

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I wouldn't be surprised. There's gotta be some areas there that have to be approaching 700''...if not even more. February was insane for that area...seemed like in February every storm was dropping 3-5 feet of snow. 

Squaw Valley, Cali is at 715". 

Snowbird, Utah at 710" with 18" in last 48 hours. 

Big time totals.  Some of the spots out west have seen like 4-5 feet in May even.

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

And I’m heading to Florida Tuesday-looking forward to the heat!

Depends where your going, COC weather in Port St Lucie area.....86 and breezy with limited humidity. Ocean Temps just off shore are in the 79/80 range which is cool for this time of year. Orlando north will be in the 90's most of the next few days.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Squaw Valley, Cali is at 715". 

Snowbird, Utah at 710" with 18" in last 48 hours. 

Big time totals.  Some of the spots out west have seen like 4-5 feet in May even.

I wonder if this is like a top 10 or 5 season for many of those areas. I've never really paid attention to snow in these areas but from what I've read about like Donner Pass (at the Summit) they've only had a handful of times passing 700''. I think the month of February alone produce like 200-300'' in spots lol