Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

People are easily fooled , duped and led to believe things that aren’t true. Doesn’t matter your education level , people have weaknesses and biases and comfort zone beliefs that will not be easily swayed as well. Emotional beings easily divided by Race/ Gender / Nationality if those buttons are pushed and the media does it daily for ratings....and today there is such an unbelievable amount social media to record and spread news They will find the story to continue the agenda and it will be spun or eggagerated or made to represent the “norm” and intelligent people  will believe it and form opinions based on spin.

Nashua 71 , mostly cloudy 

I agree overall with your perspectives in the matter, except for the bold (necessarily).   

It does matter ...  but it it's a 'matter' of 'how much'.   You may have meant that anyway..just sayn'

In reality ..of course there are lower education folk that happen to posses supreme objective intellectual filtering.  And maybe they won't be easily led along by the average everyday CNN bomb-drop headline.  Just as there are also very educated individuals that are easily motivated by deception - like Ben Carson... wow.  The nature of civility is all about overlapping bell curve types.  Unfortunately ... the distribution has the ballast not in the overlap, however -

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Like all the ski resort snow reports :o

Ha you aren't wrong on a lot of places.  I can at least back ours up with photos of measurements and snowpack cores...but you don't see that a lot of places.

Ski areas know Hype sells.  And the public doesn't give a shit if it's 15" or 19"...once it's over a foot of snow it all seems the same to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah agree ...  

Personally, I wouldn't try to argue against the empirical data.  I don't necessarily agree with that half of the yard-party consensus, no.

I mean ... setting the 'total number of days with the cd up the bum shoot' record ...?  Regardless of any yard-party consensi, that justifies my impression of this being annoying.  I was just trying to play a bit of d-advocate.  They could've just said springs suck here, and this was therefore typical - that might have been a fair way to put it too. 

God I f'n hate this sewage catch basin of a geography in the spring.  There's acceptance of norms... fine.  we get it... But, that doesn't make it something one wants to necessarily go through, either.  "How was the spring in new england this year?   Oh ...it was awesome - we got 21 out of 30 days with no sun in drizzle.  

you know ..it's interesting.  I was watching the overhead on the 'mill at the gym the other day and a local Met was discussing how the region was above normal rainfall since March.  The most above was 1.42"  

1.42? ?!?  whaaa ... 

As face smack butt bang nasty as the weather has been, it coulda been a foot above normal. 

Likewise the precip is fairly close to the norms here, which was/is good for avoiding floods,  However, a cold day of light rain and drizzle totaling 0.20" is just as sensible-wx miserable as one that dumps 2".  Tomorrow's forecast doesn't have much for daylight RA, but it looks to be enough to keep the woods wet all day, scotching my plans to remeasure growth plots in pines north of Bigelow Mt.  Little precip, big misery.  A few more days and those trees will begin adding diameter, such that I'll have to await fall to get annual data that's usable.   1st-world problems.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Right ...right and then both it, and the GFS, bring in Autumn right when they climatologically should

image.thumb.png.8d04afdeecc5a38fb01dcb1438029cf4.png

There’s some chilly air in se canada that gets tapped into end of next week and beyond. Any siggy warmth is short lived. The Apr-Oct Humid Humpers need to be patient. It’s just not their season yet. 

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There’s some chilly air in se canada that gets tapped into end of next week and beyond. Any siggy warmth is short lived. The Apr-Oct Humid Humpers need to be patient. It’s just not their season yet. 

Not really in that battle but ... I wouldn't gamble those trough incursions are right either. 

52 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Apparently we had a thunderstorm last night per ORH reports.  It must have been lackluster--while I might have been aware of it for the briefest of moments, I slept through it.

Looks like a dandy on tap today.

We had a burst of intense wind and rain around 11:15PM. Only one clap of thunder but the rain was sick.