Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Fantasy cane season has arrived!

The the delicious aspect is ...that thing is slated to become the new operational GFS at some point over the summer .. 

But that aside, no model really has any business being offered to the general assemble of the public beyond D 4.5 and change.  They're in large part... not used for the right reasons.   Just imho -

Rant beyond this point so read at own offended risk:

Two reasons .. one, not many J.Q. Public consumers of those products really know what .. and most importantly 'how' to perceive/consume them (responsibly) ... But two, ... there is a recent emergent phenomenon that irks me ... It's a kind of tech-based/dependency for seeking thrills and excitement when one observes extended range  "model-enhanced hallucinations."   Then, as though the rest of us are not intelligent enough to detect between the lines of their posts, they play some eye-roller bargaining games as though it's really going to happen, all to keep the "high" of that thrill going...  Funny, I'd almost be willing to surmise that if the day arrives where day tens are as perfectly accurate as day one-modeled outlooks, many of these same people wouldn't be as dialed in ... because missing from that would be that necessary risk-reward thing going on with the emotional gamble.    

That whole journey is both endemic but quite new to the age of mass distribution of these "tools" 

And that's really all they are.  They are tools  ... for those charged with legitimacy as a responsibility.  I also believe much of this is not really the lay-person's singular doing, either.  Unbeknownst to them .. they are being conditioned to seek it by culture.  From the evening new to your Accuweathers ... TWCs...  just the general exploitation of natural disaster/dystopian drama to sell news by the general ambit of media... All of it - I think - creates a vector for one to seek that stimulation. And now we disseminate many of those base-line products to the general assemblage of the masses and there you go...