• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Had a nice storm roll through around 2:00a.m.  I more or less was sleeping through it rather than paying attention, but we did have one or two instantaneous claps of thunder.  I'm surprised ORH is only recorded. 08", it sounded pretty torrential.  Must have been short-lived.

2nd storm for the new Pit1.  Not a bad start. 

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Had a nice storm roll through around 2:00a.m.  I more or less was sleeping through it rather than paying attention, but we did have one or two instantaneous claps of thunder.  I'm surprised ORH is only recorded. 08", it sounded pretty torrential.  Must have been short-lived.

2nd storm for the new Pit1.  Not a bad start. 

That's similar to my experience. Two of the loudest thunderclaps I can recall, but no other thunder to speak of. 

8 hours ago, dendrite said:

0.40" and a 4.57"/hr rate at one point. Not a bad way to start the season.

I see @kdxken  browsing. Is your daughter still up here or did she get devoured by black flies?

She's back in Boston done with school. She did however go hiking in the area on Saturday and her scalp can confirm a banner year in the Northfield area.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man it just kept pouring last night.  

Torrential rounds of storms all night.  Heaviest rain in a long time.  

2.35" total.  

J.Spin coming in with 2.78" on CoCoRAHS.  One report so far over 3" too SW of him.  

Mtn stream saunas forever lost. 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Mtn stream saunas forever lost. 

Fresh tree in the river this morning, root ball and tiny green leaves so it was growing happily yesterday.  No mas. Can also see some of the smaller creeks crossed RT 108 like by Topnotch Resort.  

Humid torrential rain and still high Mtn snowmelt... I think that was the final blow to skiing.  

Now can finally say "Shut 'em Down" at Stowe :lol:.

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Raining here ATM

Same down here with what looks like more to follow.  I suppose it could put off a weak rain cooled boundary that might yield some differential heating pike south later, barring more crap development in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

What's your bet on getting a warned severe storm today in MA? 2 outta 5?

I’m sure a feisty storm could happen, but nothing really stands out to me as super substantial or anything. Wind fields are pretty good, but debris clouds and crappy lapse rates may not help. We’ll see.