Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pics?!

No pics, but I was outside today and they were dropping on me all day.  Deck railings were covered with what seemed like hundreds of mini gypsys...until I carpet bombed them with gypsy killer. 

They’ve been pretty bad up this way the past 2 years, and was hoping that they’d moved on this year, but it doesn’t appear that way at least at this point.

I’ve got oaks that were hit pretty good the last 2 years, but surprisingly they still have leafed out this year.  Wish they would decimate all the white pines on my property.

Heavy, heavy black flies here, and they're starting to bite. It's pretty much impossible to be outside at all and 100% deet is useless against them. They get in your eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. 

After a cloudy, damp start we torched up to 75° F under partly cloudy skies. Little yellow-green leaves are finally beginning to pop out on the trees.

23 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Heavy, heavy black flies here, and they're starting to bite. It's pretty much impossible to be outside at all and 100% deet is useless against them. They get in your eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. 

After a cloudy, damp start we torched up to 75° F under partly cloudy skies. Little yellow-green leaves are finally beginning to pop out on the trees.

We had to set up a large fan at our work station at my nursery last week.  The swarms seemed biblical.  The stiff breeze knocked them back.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Life saver

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XXJBLRJ/

• Like 1

Been over an hour of thunder now.  

Just constant booms and flashes to the south.  Windows open and dews in the low 60s.  

Feels like summer for the first time. 

Swath of 1-2" of rainfall just south of BTV to just south of here near the interstate in Waterbury.

IMG_3244.GIF.be35ddbc8fd3f36f5ca69d76593d6e40.GIF

51 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Been over an hour of thunder now.  

Just constant booms and flashes to the south.  Windows open and dews in the low 60s.  

Feels like summer for the first time. 

Swath of 1-2" of rainfall just south of BTV to just south of here near the interstate in Waterbury.

45 minutes later still constant thunder and strobe light flashes.  Going on nearly 2 hours of thunder.  

1.20" in various heavy bursts so far. 

Just south of hear near Camel's Hump (4,000ft peak) some private wx stations are crossing the 2" mark.

You forget how fast the water can add up in convection.