Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I mentioned that to Dr Dew the other day, crazy depressing to think the days get shorter and darker in only a month.  

Its light enough to walk or hike until like 9pm right now.

I am sorry to hear that you are depressed. Maybe there is someone with considerable psychwx background to fancy helping you on these chats..

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hey Wiz' that 12z Euro evolution between D's 6 and 7 is a good way to get severe in New England.... 

You have a hot air mass at the regional doorstop trying to get in here on a SW flow and in fact probably wedges in... meanwhile, you have a strong wind max at mid and upper levels slicing SE out of Ontario at max heating on the 6th... That looks on the surface like fast moving bows with some supies -

yeah...there's no question today cookie-cut SNE and designated it for a horse f'n ....  bust specifically target, here.  

I can see clearing just to my west and we could just barely squeeze some solar for 3 to 5 but by and large, no machine or man really had this p.o.s. result -

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Here’s a kuchera

0d40d5_e84d7be1ec984d9c876da50ecdcfbc4b~

Busted big time - only got 35" here during those 10 days.  :weenie:

Out of mud season into the bugs, Looks like the hummingbirds have arrived, Spotted one today at the feeder.

Have not seen a blackfly yet, and today's low 50s may delay their entrance some more.  60s tomorrow and 70s Monday would certainly wake them up.  Gotta get some warm sector Monday to have a chance.

Wife saw a hummingbird eyeing the suncatcher at our side window.  Must be living on forsythia and trout lilies, as nothing else has blossomed yet.

Black flies are out, but not biting yet. The 31° F and 3+" of snow from Monday night did jack s*** to them. 

Still no leaf out, but it's getting very close. We are now behind where we were last year. I'd expect it within the next 2-3 days. The bottom of my hill at 1,900' has begun to leaf out, but not here. It's amazing how sensitive leaf out is to elevation. Fall foliage is too, but not nearly as much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

Black flies are out, but not biting yet. The 31° F and 3+" of snow from Monday night did jack s*** to them. 

Still no leaf out, but it's getting very close. We are now behind where we were last year. I'd expect it within the next 2-3 days. The bottom of my hill at 1,900' has begun to leaf out, but not here. It's amazing how sensitive leaf out is to elevation. Fall foliage is too, but not nearly as much. 

I couldn’t imagine being two weeks away from June and still having absolutely no leafs LOL