Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

What do they get on avg for seasonal snowfall?

Well I would say any recording station at 2K on east slope is well in the 80’s , but I don’t believe they have anyone really “ on the ball”  out there 

i would guess 2k-2200’ was 120” this year

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Well I would say any recording station at 2K on east slope is well in the 80’s , but I don’t believe they have anyone really “ on the ball”  out there 

i would guess 2k-2200’ was 120” this year

2k on the east slope has to average more than 80"...more than 100" right?  Hell BTV snow hole averages 80".  I would've guessed 110".  

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Is that bright banding in N RI and adjacent mass. 925’s were already .5-1 before that hit .

That's what it looks like. And you can see how close to isothermal we are by how thick that band of low CC is. A couple thousand feet of melting layer.

Just now, powderfreak said:

2k on the east slope has to average more than 80"...more than 100" right?  Hell BTV snow hole averages 80".  I would've guessed 110".  

It's prob at least 90"...2500 feet would def be over 100". Hell, N ORH county at 1200-1500 feet is getting close to 80" per year...like Ashburnham to Winchendon to Gardner. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Will you see any weenie flakes potentially mixing In this band moving into 128

Maybe some cat paws but the residence time is poor. I'd love to see some big lift bright banding over an area for like 2 hours and that's what will do the trick. But SNE is about to get dryslotted, so our deeper lift may be over in a bit unless something regenerates.