Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Where's @CT Rain with the sidelobe alert?

ahhh sweet!! Like several scans after this I noticed some odd stuff...didn't correlate it to sidelobe (still have to look into what that is) but glad I thought something looked fishy. 

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Still think I'm going to need to increase totals in SW NH.

ughhhh

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think stuff near NYC will help flip nrn ORH peeps later on tonight. That’s the big lift with strong vortmax. It may not last long, but could be fun for a couple of hours. 

You can see the CC on OKX collapsing east some. Cooling at cloud level in NW CT. 

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

44.8 here. Dropping like a walk. Nrn ORH hills....may you be blessed with white. 

I am oddly up 2 degrees the past hour as we kind of get into a dry slot. 47F.  Occasional drizzle.  

Was hoping to see a few mangled flakes but not sure that's happening. 

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

When the precip first started I swear I had a few pellets hit my head. It eventually definitely became all -RA, but I wonder if we had one of those initial dry layer aloft deals where you get those front end pingers with temps well into the 40s.

47F now

I was driving down 395 with a temp of 49 at 330pm when huge splats of definitely melting frozen aggregates hit,  when the precip started temp dropped to 42 in an hour. 

42/35  very light rain.  Looking SW at the 2200 foot Ragged and Forbes Mtn I can't see any lowering vis at their tops so to me it's all rain up to that elevation. Cloud base is higher than that.  Precip very light in my area and it's getting dark so I will not be able to tell what is happening on the higher hills around me.  Certainly going to need much heavier precip than is happening now for any mix or snow for me.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

42/35  very light rain.  Looking SW at the 2200 foot Ragged and Forbes Mtn I can't see any lowering vis at their tops so to me it's all rain up to that elevation. Cloud base is higher than that.  Precip very light in my area and it's getting dark so I will not be able to tell what is happening on the higher hills around me.  Certainly going to need much heavier precip than is happening now for any mix or snow for me.

ULL moves through later. We’ll start cooling it off more then...toward 5z. Until then we cold rain. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

ULL moves through later. We’ll start cooling it off more then...toward 5z. Until then we cold rain. 

KBOX CC would suggest we just lopped off like 2000 ft of warm layer, but the melting layer is still sitting around 4000 ft.