Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Meh... referring to my old staple, the NAM FRH grid ...this thing's a cool light rain event for 99% of civility...  Those numbers could be off - ...it is the "NAM" of course.  But, climo is on its side and I could still see the Euro and GGEM correct all of 1.5 deg warmer and that's the ball game...  Any consternation over seeing snow one last time becomes wasted time -

Heh, frankly? I could give two shits... I'm more interested in the overall panache of cold precip loading ... like I was discussing the other day... seems to be endemic to our climatology since 2000, where both Octobers and Mays are seeing these sort of occurrences of approaching and/or breaching marginality with increasing regularity.   And as is such ...whether folks get to see white or not, this is just another in that 'seemingly' new norm  - puzzling causality... And also, either way... a miserable two days of inclemency weather type set to either be endured or fled.  Seeing as the latter isn't much of an option for most... we suffer. 

I think most would put the odds at 98% chance of miserable cold rain for everyone living under 1500ft or even 2000ft aside from the Mitch's of the world or ski area condos up hillsides maybe.  

Its sort of like a Tornado threat in New England on the probability scale...can discuss and discuss parameters till blue in the face but everyone knows how that turns out 98% of the time for the populous. 

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Latest Euro has some Monday night fun for the mountains.

Not surprising... The other thing is that this system is probably overdone QPF-wise ... or suspect that to be the case. The system closes off quickly and there's no advection at any level almost immediately upon that occurrence from what I can tell, and that's going to make this a mister quickly... Which leaves only the elevations like you were saying earlier as eligible...

Also - out of nowhere ... then here comes summer all at once in the Euro's deep mid range/extended... D6 has mid 80s over a vast circumvallate of the MS valley to southern Lakes this air mass bulges with amplifying riding into New England D's 9-10 ...   Not sure I buy - company line... But it applies, because we're sustaining an awful lot of -NAOness look and the model just suddenly pivots the entire mass structure from Chi-town to Nova S. right into a reversal with nary a hint in previous guidance cycles... But... patterns have to break down at some point.    You know it leaps to mind... often I've seen over the decades, when there's an anomaly, usually there's a counterpoint within temporal reach of it...either equal in the other direction ..or via the aggregate over time.  This happened in 1977... that snow event ..and a cool snap four days later, were both offset by a heat wave shortly thereafter.   Just one in countless examples ... we've been saddled with a cool look for a while and culminate it with ...whatever this thing turns out to be, and then a flip the script - wouldn't shock me.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s not going to snow in SNE Tuesday 

They'll be at least flakes I think in higher spots in MA. Hopefully for you too. Don't give me that crap about not wanting it. The higher elevation fetish in you will have you get a tingle in the mid section, should you see it.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They'll be at least flakes I think in higher spots in MA. Hopefully for you too. Don't give me that crap about not wanting it. The higher elevation fetish in you will have you get a tingle in the mid section, should you see it.

Yup. You know he's pulling for flakes. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Using his Jedi mind trick; watch he'll end up with 2" now.