Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some impressive rain this morning.  

Already 1.20" rain since midnight at home and 1.61" up at the office.  With the snow melt there is an eye-opening amount of water coming down off the hills.  Whitewater in every little creek.  

anticipating nearly dry here.  I don't want to have to water.

Regarding extreme weather I like it. A few years back when I got my 3in Memorial Day thunder snow I was in heaven. I'll take that in a Flash over 80 degree sunny day. Like PF said cold rain is the worst and to get into one of those spring blocks when  we have 7 days of cold and raw is even worse. As long as snow doesn't do tree damage early next week bring it on it won't last just something interesting.

25 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Regarding extreme weather I like it. A few years back when I got my 3in Memorial Day thunder snow I was in heaven. I'll take that in a Flash over 80 degree sunny day. Like PF said cold rain is the worst and to get into one of those spring blocks when  we have 7 days of cold and raw is even worse. As long as snow doesn't do tree damage early next week bring it on it won't last just something interesting.

How about during the workweek and not

mem weekend. I’ll take 80 then. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Always better in nice weather. 

That is a fact, But up here anyways, Memorial weekend is always sketchy, More bad ones then good ones over the years, My birthday most years, Falls on that weekend so the weather has never affected it..........:lol:

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That is a fact, But up here anyways, Memorial weekend is always sketchy, More bad ones then good ones over the years, My birthday most years, Falls on that weekend so the weather has never affected it..........:lol:

Can be crappy here too. Let’s hope not this year. 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah 40/39 with 1.76" so far is definitely worse, lol.  

See this is when it's like it might as well be snowing.  Nothing worse than bone-chilling raw torrential rain.  

I hope you (NNE) see 4-8' of snow, then immediately catapult straight into 70s-80s with dews and torrential MCS activity

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Obviously snown in May sucks but as weather oddity pretty cool and something to say you witnessed. 

Still have fond memories of the hour I spent tilling my first Fort Kent garden on 5/7/76 while 1.5" fell.  All gone in 2-3 hours, but it looked weird right after I'd finished, brown at one corner shading to white at the opposite.

So now suddenly Mother’s Day looks like a miserable 40s and rain, with snow possible in MA.  What a great summer! 

23 years ago, a co-worker who lives at 1200' in FVE reported 12" over Mothers' Day weekend.  Probably more than that, as it snowed almost constantly for about 60 hours at 32-33° and 12" was the deepest he measured.

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It won’t continue even thruout this month 

Blocking stays in place, pattern locks in so I don't see why it wouldn't continue this month.

By June the effectiveness of blocking starts to weaken but I wouldn't be shocked to see this regime last through mid June.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

People are outright wishing for several feet of snow, which would result in major tree/ limb damage being leafed out and extensive property damage. Disturbing.

Yeah...Kevin is def not a fan of extensive damage.

• Confused 1