Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

58 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice dude. That is actually quite a bit ahead of mine. Those must have hatched earlier. When you say tons.. are they all over everything . Or do you just see one here and there? For mass damage you need them swarming all over everything. Mine started moving today off the nests. But I don’t think there’s enough here this year. The fungus did a number on them last June. We pray though. 

We got tons on the fence and crawling on the porch.. definitely  more than last year..

12 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Damage on a sunny day... was going to take a left and it just fell out of nowhere.. broke about 3 feet up. Also hit a car but the car is to the right of the picture..

20190508_194459.jpg

Good luck with the gypsies, not a single one here. Just lots of dead dangerous oaks everywhere. Trees fall on people and a man celebrates the gypsies who helped in the demise. Think about that

• Confused 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

The GFS looks horrific Tuesday into Wednesday. Cold rain and wind...yuck 

The 24 hr maps on TT of the EURO have very little detail, but they didn't look so "hot" themselves. Next week not looking very good it seems...

14 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

The 24 hr maps on TT of the EURO have very little detail, but they didn't look so "hot" themselves. Next week not looking very good it seems...

Not at all. I would hope for a scenario which transpired this week. On Friday I was not very optimistic for this week here, but it turned out to be pretty dang nice overall. However, when you look at the modeled setup for next week...going to be tough I think to avoid crap given the signal is for a cut-off to develop overhead. 

If there is any positive, however, it does look like we get some pretty decent ridging to build into the west which looks to propagate east...assuming this doesn't end up flattening out maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel to get some warmer wx for the entire region...and prolonged. 

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Not at all. I would hope for a scenario which transpired this week. On Friday I was not very optimistic for this week here, but it turned out to be pretty dang nice overall. However, when you look at the modeled setup for next week...going to be tough I think to avoid crap given the signal is for a cut-off to develop overhead. 

If there is any positive, however, it does look like we get some pretty decent ridging to build into the west which looks to propagate east...assuming this doesn't end up flattening out maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel to get some warmer wx for the entire region...and prolonged. 

I leave for vacation the last week of the month, I totally expect that ridge to build here by then. In the mean time we will deal with cut off after cutoff, lol...

This week was a nice break. Next week looks like back into the swamp with a big storm early week followed by more fun right on its heels for late week into the weekend. The million dollar question is.... is there any hope of even a minor improvement after next week's cutoffs depart? Forget a prolonged nice pattern, I would even just take a couple days per week that aren't 50s and gloom at this point.

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I leave for vacation the last week of the month, I totally expect that ridge to build here by then. In the mean time we will deal with cut off after cutoff, lol...

That's how it happens :lol: 

At some point you would have to think climo will take over...but who knows. I don't think there are really any signs of the hemispheric configuration relaxing or letting up to relinquish the pattern we have been in. Blocking (and impressive blocking) just looks to remain a fixture across the higher latitudes and while we eventually lose the ridge in the GOA and that helps developing ridging which moves into the central US the height tendencies favor cut-off development right over our region. 

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That's how it happens :lol: 

At some point you would have to think climo will take over...but who knows. I don't think there are really any signs of the hemispheric configuration relaxing or letting up to relinquish the pattern we have been in. Blocking (and impressive blocking) just looks to remain a fixture across the higher latitudes and while we eventually lose the ridge in the GOA and that helps developing ridging which moves into the central US the height tendencies favor cut-off development right over our region. 

I'm sure the blocking pattern will relax sometime around November 1st...

9 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

35.6F. Pretty chilly for the hilltop. Still looks like stick season.

capture2.jpg

27F here this morning.  

Looks very similar in this area, light green seen on tree crowns with some small leaves but still largely stick season. And up at work at 1,500ft it's still fully November without even a hint of spring...I mean the trees outside the office don't even look to have buds on them.

Its coming.  We traveling to ALB this weekend for Mother's Day family gathering and I'm looking forward to seeing "real spring" with flowers and more fully green trees.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

For some reason the interior of my car absorbs heat super well. It can be like 50 out with full sun and the interior will bake. I've wondered if it's b/c there is no tint on the windows. I know leather seats can do this but I don't have leather. 

All vehicles scorch. Open a window or run the vent for a bit. It’s in the 60s.