Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

We had tons of dolphins in Marco. My wife swears she saw a whale breach offshore too, but I dunno. I won’t have time to check out what you mentioned, but I’ll probably be back with the family next May. Will check it out. 

Happy Big 4-0!!!

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Hit 74F up here today under bluebird skis with dews in the 30s.   

Wow that felt nice.  

Even this evening...wind went calm and dropped a quickly but then kicked back up and temp came back up...still mild out on the SW breeze.  Windows still open at 10pm, rare in fake cold country.

Was a great evening to start golf season. Sitting in the porch afterward made it easy to ignore the corroded shell of a game I seem to develop during the 6 month off season. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Less exciting but equally miserable up here - 6 more days with measurable but 16.3" less precip.  Despite the obvious increase in high-precip events in recent years, that hasn't been the case for my gauge.  We've recorded 18 days in 21 years with 2.5" precip or more, but none since Nov. 2013.

1 hour ago, HimoorWx said:

I'm staring 65 in the face.  Seems like just yesterday I was sitting in Dr. Havens' Met classes in Kingston!

Blast from the past, was in his class when the difax printed out the Blizz of 78. URI just was awarded as the NOAA ocean institute with Bob Ballard. Before I retired he was renting out space at the museum for dead sea artifacts. 

• Like 2