Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

I mean as of now Sunday looks ok, at least the first half,  but that’s almost a week a way. You are better off just waiting a few days and seeing where we are at then..

even Friday's not bad relatively speaking down here...most of the precip is north of us-fingers crossed....

14 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

even Friday's not bad relatively speaking down here...most of the precip is north of us-fingers crossed....

Not banking on Friday at all, most optimistic scenario IMO is a less chilly rain (like mid-upper 50’s to maybe 60?) lol. 

57 minutes ago, Angus said:

So, are you saying at this point in time, I should reconsider my planned Saturday hike into Tuckerman Ravine on Mt. Washington for some skiing. I've been eyeing doing this for almost every weekend for last month hoping to ski back to Pinkham Notch and avoid the slog out and the weather has been too snowy, cold, icey, rainy, foggy, et cetera. Very frustrating!

thinking of hiking up with my wife and watching the skiiers come down. been wanting to do this for several years  now, but somehow life gets in the way

28 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Heading back north. Real change of leaf out is around NH/MA line

Just glanced at Euro on the phone. About 4" /5" of birchbender snow for me next week?  Getting late in the season but can still happen up here at least.

I've raked the last two weekends at the cottage on Winnisquam, definitely behind in terms of leaves and bugs. 

No chance at any Euro 'warm sector' on Friday ... which is a dubious distinction for that is in the first place.  But so long as the -NAO is instructive and is jamming polar high into eastern Ontario you aren't getting warm sectors N of ACY, NJ.  Change the latter and we'll talk, else forget it

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man I am ready for warm weather. Will bring it back with m Wednesday. 

Different world down there. Like I’ve always said...if I ever move away from snow I’d do it all the way and end up on the SW gulf coast. You should walk around the campus of FGCU...idk how anyone gets work done there. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No chance at any Euro 'warm sector' on Friday ... which is a dubious distinction for that is in the first place.  But so long as the -NAO is instructive and is jamming polar high into eastern Ontario you aren't getting warm sectors N of ACY, NJ.  Change the latter and we'll talk, else forget it

Pretty hilarious differences between surface temps on Gfs vs Nam for Wednesday. 

Nam has won these battles almost every time. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Different world down there. Like I’ve always said...if I ever move away from snow I’d do it all the way and end up on the SW gulf coast. You should walk around the campus of FGCU...idk how anyone gets work done there. :lol:

Maybe I’m getting old (well I’m here for my 40th so I am), but I love this area. Quiet and beautiful beaches. At Sanibel island now.  You do the dew but you always have pools and beaches. Nights are pleasant with a breeze.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe I’m getting old (well I’m here for my 40th so I am), but I love this area. Quiet and beautiful beaches. At Sanibel island now.  You do the dew but you always have pools and beaches. Nights are pleasant with a breeze.

Did your spotted speedo stick up your crack? Happy 40th young man seems like yesterday we celebrated your 30th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sanibel is awesome.  My grandmother had a place on the island, used to go down a lot as a kid.  Backyard pool right on a canal and 10 minute walk to the beach.  If not for living next to a ski resort I'd probably do like Dendrite and go all the way to something like that.  

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Check out Siesta Key beach. The sand is unreal.

Barefoot beach in Bonita is cool too if you want to see a little wildlife...lots of tortoises.

South Beach on Boca Grande is still my number one. You pass through the tunnel of banyan trees on banyan street. Lots of big iguanas everywhere. Eat at South Beach bar and grille right on the beach. (They used to let you take drinks down to the beach but I think they stopped that). I had a manatee pass next to me in the water there. Lots of dolphins offshore too (Venice north and south pier during the evening is a good spot for dolphin watching too). If you hit the right day there’s good shelling in the water too...I used to pull them up with my feet.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Check out Siesta Key beach. The sand is unreal.

Barefoot beach in Bonita is cool too if you want to see a little wildlife...lots of tortoises.

South Beach on Boca Grande is still my number one. You pass through the tunnel of banyan trees on banyan street. Lots of big iguanas everywhere. Eat at South Beach bar and grille right on the beach. (They used to let you take drinks down to the beach but I think they stopped that). I had a manatee pass next to me in the water there. Lots of dolphins offshore too (Venice north and south pier during the evening is a good spot for dolphin watching too). If you hit the right day there’s good shelling in the water too...I used to pull them up with my feet.

We had tons of dolphins in Marco. My wife swears she saw a whale breach offshore too, but I dunno. I won’t have time to check out what you mentioned, but I’ll probably be back with the family next May. Will check it out. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sanibel is awesome.  My grandmother had a place on the island, used to go down a lot as a kid.  Backyard pool right on a canal and 10 minute walk to the beach.  If not for living next to a ski resort I'd probably do like Dendrite and go all the way to something like that.  

Love it here. This whole area is so nice. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We had tons of dolphins in Marco. My wife swears she saw a whale breach offshore too, but I dunno. I won’t have time to check out what you mentioned, but I’ll probably be back with the family next May. Will check it out. 

Happy 40th on Wed btw (in case I miss you). I had a lot of anticipation for that one, but I honestly woke up Saturday and didn’t have a clue what day it was until I saw the happy 41 signs Lisa put up in the kitchen. Bring some warmth back with you please.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Happy 40th on Wed btw (in case I miss you). I had a lot of anticipation for that one, but I honestly woke up Saturday and didn’t have a clue what day it was until I saw the happy 41 signs Lisa put up in the kitchen. Bring some warmth back with you please.

Happy 41, all the young uns getting old is cool. 

• Like 1

Hit 74F up here today under bluebird skis with dews in the 30s.   

Wow that felt nice.  

Even this evening...wind went calm and dropped a quickly but then kicked back up and temp came back up...still mild out on the SW breeze.  Windows still open at 10pm, rare in fake cold country.

• Like 3