Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We may just go full on summer soon

Not on any model

1 hour ago, ineedsnow said:

12z GFS has no warmth at all really.  Hope this pattern continues  for another couple months

Same

I love this weather

00z GEFs teleconnectors try to 86 the end of the month too -

The only hope:  R-wave entropy, concomitant with seasonal migration into warmer heights, lost gradient focus and increasing nebularity ... may just mean these signals fail.  The correlation is proven to begin breaking down pretty quickly in May... JJA ...CDC doesn't even correlate the PNA against other index behavior at all... and jesus it's almost June in the grand scheme of this butt boning. Something's gotta give... 2005 started hinting improvement around 20th - using that year as the pinnacle metric for absolutely worst it can be outside of a humanity ending planet destruction event.. (we have to resort to harsh sci-fi turns of phrase to characterize the violation god is doing to us at this point.,..) ... who wants to wait 'till the 20th ... But, lemme know when 'want' has anything to do with reality.

Heh... anyway, I wonder what the PNA was lead that episode, May, that year... hm.  You know, if this were January first...we'd be talking about the NE U.S. making tremendous strives toward correcting their seasonal snow fall totals upwards....  Not sure about May ...when these indices "may" not mean the same, relatively speaking of course.  No not snow just piece of shit weather... 

Failing that tele breakdown glimmer to guide us to salvation.....  hell would be more apropos given that cluster's panache.   I'd even take a compromise at this point with gratitude.

27 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Not on any model

Same

I love this weather

It's funny how we have these little smoldering preference battles.... using the weather at hand to exact vengeance on one another. 

As though we have any control over it, too.  It's some kinda game of 'Oh yeah, see' when the chart changes to one's desire.  

It really probably comes down to the wet and cloud factors.  It's 60 here ... just from my observation over the years, most folks would be perfectly contented with 60 if there were at least partial sun and it was drier.  But, it's cloudy and 60 not getting a warm assist by nape sun is rubbing folks the wrong way. 

I bring it up because the temperatures are not that too anomalous cool or warm.  April was < 1 F ...which should almost be unnoticed ..but that pesky factor of having 22 days of the months apparently cloud with some sort of measurable ... (record breaking dismal if there could be such a metric ), most likely tints matters abject -

If  this persists ... the negatives would tend to gain a larger SD by detraction from climate, however.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Its actually nice up here. Feel bad for those south coastal peeps, GIDLT

Hopefully you enjoyed the blue sky.

Got quite the sunburn today...snow is pretty f'in bright this time of year. 

Cinco de Mayo skiing on a 5-foot snowpack.  65" at the coop stake.

59924734_10103725214681780_6931218492867

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hopefully you enjoyed the blue sky.

Got quite the sunburn today...snow is pretty f'in bright this time of year. 

Cinco de Mayo skiing on a 5-foot snowpack.  65" at the coop stake.

59924734_10103725214681780_6931218492867

Margaritas, mountains, and melting lol.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

That's just looks so foreign now. First lawn cut today

What gets me is that up at that elevation, despite it not being *that* far up, the climate is over a month behind say a place like Concord, NH (a neutral place on this forum that many can sort of relate to).  The normal high today is 49F and the normal high is 49F at CON on March 28th. 

Essentially it's like what many on the forum would consider climo for the second half of March up there right now.   In a big snowpack year, there's plenty of snow around during the second half of March for most folks on here but it's melting, ha.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

What gets me is that up at that elevation, despite it not being *that* far up, the climate is over a month behind say a place like Concord, NH (a neutral place on this forum that many can sort of relate to).  The normal high today is 49F and the normal high is 49F at CON on March 28th. 

Essentially it's like what many on the forum would consider climo for the second half of March up there right now.   In a big snowpack year, there's plenty of snow around during the second half of March for most folks on here but it's melting, ha.

Was it nice there yesterday? My daughter hiked up Jay Peak yesterday and it was socked in. Snow was so deep spots she had to carry her dog. Not a lot of green around the lake Willoughby either.

•  

jay1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg

Just got this Green Mountain National:

" WOW! We're just 2 days away from opening up for the 2019 golf season! So dust off those golf clubs and put a peg in the ground because you're next on the tee. Call or Text "BOOK" to (802) 500-1157 to get your tee time. We can't wait to see you on the 1st tee "

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

.44 here 23/24 days with measurable 10 straight, unreal

Yeah...pretty ridiculous. I missed this yet my lawn is still full of puddles and soggy. I have algae forming in areas of the lawn with grass coming through. Shitshow.

2 hours ago, kdxken said:
Was it nice there yesterday? My daughter hiked up Jay Peak yesterday and it was socked in. Snow was so deep spots she had to carry her dog. Not a lot of green around the lake Willoughby either.

No it was miserable yesterday.  Walking the dog on the hill it was mist and drizzle with low clouds around 2-2.5kft.  

Today was the best day in a while.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah...pretty ridiculous. I missed this yet my lawn is still full of puddles and soggy. I have algae forming in areas of the lawn with grass coming through. Shitshow.

Yea I held off on planting the veggie garden until we dry out, worried about rot, 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

No it was miserable yesterday.  Walking the dog on the hill it was mist and drizzle with low clouds around 2-2.5kft.  

Today was the best day in a while.

You referenced a winter type bust here, now we are looking at inch per hour stuff, bust cancel