Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, Subtropics said:

Is there anything worse than north east spring? Not sure how y'all do it. Looking at your 10 day and ours looked like that in March...

Lots of booze.    We actually did ok early on, but we've reverted to our usual spring garbage of late....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Subtropics said:

Is there anything worse than north east spring? Not sure how y'all do it. Looking at your 10 day and ours looked like that in March...

Ha, that must be a terrible March.  The thing is the seasonal progression moves north so at some point everyone is getting their long streaks of 40s and rain.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, that must be a terrible March.  The thing is the seasonal progression moves north so at some point everyone is getting their long streaks of 40s and rain.

idk...the labrador current creates a pretty big delta for us this time of year. it’s nowhere near this bad at any point in the season down in the coastal mid atlantic.

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

idk...the labrador current creates a pretty big delta for us this time of year. it’s nowhere near this bad at any point in the season down in the coastal mid atlantic.

Fair enough, but I'd rather it now than in February and March.  Maybe I'm more removed but I haven't felt it's been *that* bad.  Maybe still being on snow a bunch makes it feel like it's just an extension of winter and not spring?  I guess by now areas further south in New England have been removed from snow for so long it starts feeling like ok, time to move on.  Hell I've still got a plow pile at the end of my driveway and there's patchy natural cover at 1,500ft around the office.

I guess I can see it if the snow melted 6 weeks ago and it's still 43F and raining like today, yeah that'd be frustrating.

3 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

small leaves, but they are out-we're about a week ahead of schedule locally

Absolutely no leaf out here.  Yet a trip just 25 miles south towards Brian and the Norways and Forsythia are in bloom.  

Another 40ish day.  At least no complaints about my pond not being full

leaf.jpg

18 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Absolutely no leaf out here.  Yet a trip just 25 miles south towards Brian and the Norways and Forsythia are in bloom.  

Another 40ish day.  At least no complaints about my pond not being full

leaf.jpg

No norways in my neighborhood, but the forsythia are near peak. My white willow is leafing out, but that’s about it. I have a feeling everything pops at once next week. At least the grass looks like Ireland. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Better here than where OSU Met student lives...it's like this from April to November

We're all excited to know that more seasonable conditions are coming soon. Pretty much all LR guidance shows a general mild up to more routine 60s and maybe some 70's, save NNE. Of course May is usually littered with a few bad stretches but that is not unexpected. Winter is long in the rear view mirror as we transform into summer.