• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
May 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Certainly quite a bit of doom and gloom in this thread. Not sure what it is...lack of sun, SAD?

Anyway, looks very Dr. Dewey through most of this month. Record low pollen counts. Lots of rain chances, with heavy areas of mold and mildew. Hopefully the fog horns are tuned up for our coastal folks.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Saturday looks like a beaut. Sun and low- mid 70’s away from the water 

agreed - hopin' it holds :yikes:

But yeah that day's been flagged a few times by the Euro and others as an islet of salvation upon a sea of utter puss...  

Well, I guess 60 was my high here in easter/central Mass today while dry... So it can be worse but, we just haven't a decently warm spring in years.  We've had some warm spells but nothing that's stuck ...and by and large these last five years they've ended up sliding back the other direction most of the times.  This year is just adding to that growing list...  Now I don't know what the return rate is on 'nice' ( subjective but say numerous 70 to 80 early warm days ) type spring - I gotta figure is relatively rare, anyway, but I still think we're statistically late here. 

I'm also beginning to notice systemic circulation changes that I feel are related to climate change - but won't go into that to spare eye rollers there reasons to continue voting for the Trumpian ilk of morally flexible, conditional intellects...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

Certainly quite a bit of justifiable doom and gloom in this thread. Not sure what it is...lack of sun, SAD, but it's probably just because SAD or not ...this weather f'n sucks man

Anyway, looks very Dr. Dewey through most of this month. Record low pollen counts. Lots of rain chances, with heavy areas of mold and mildew. Hopefully the fog horns are tuned up for our coastal folks.

Horror story on the 18z oper. GFS...

Basically ... 45 F mist and rain from next Wednesday morning until through the following weekend....  

I think I would actually sacrifice the vagarious nature of the weather and the romantic uncertainty of snow storms in the charts and the whole game we play ... if it means controlling the weather in such a way to jam that f'n bullshit right up god's ass!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Horror story on the 18z oper. GFS...

Basically ... 45 F mist and rain from next Wednesday morning until through the following weekend....  

I think I would actually sacrifice the vagarious nature of the weather and the romantic uncertainty of snow storms in the charts and the whole game we play ... if it means controlling the weather in such a way to jam that f'n bullshit right up god's ass!

The funny thing is, a few of us weenies along with a red tagger or two, maybe including you(?) like to joke about the -NAO showing up in April after it was a no-show all winter but I feel like we have done this dance a few times in the past 10-15 years.   We have a winter pattern that would be naked back flips "if only that blocking had been in place" and then it shows up 60 days too late to give anyone in NE that HECS but just in time to throw April and May into the weenie purgatory of clouds and 50F.

From NWS PSR
0430 PM     NON-TSTM WND GST TEMPE                   33.39N 111.93W04/29/2019  E45 MPH          MARICOPA           AZ   BROADCAST MEDIA              STRONG GUST OF WIND BLEW BEE HIVE OFF OF A             TREE AND ON TO A WOMANS HEAD IN TEMPE,             RESULTING IN NUMEROUS STINGS. TIME AND WIND             SPEED ESTIMATED FROM RADAR AND NEARBY             REPORTS. 

Oh man. What are the odds

13 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

That's what I was saying. Imagine the snow banks. Stock up on vit d I guess

Imagine the suppression depression :lol:

In all honesty as bad as that 18z GFS run was for sunshine, the primary lows are still going west into southern Canada...good SWFE pattern, ha!

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CON's normal annual precip for 1961-1990 was only 36.37". 1981-2010 has gone up to 40.61".

Since 2002, they've only had 1 year with less precipitation than that 36.37" total (2016).

Any temperature change?  Warmer and wetter?

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Were the instruments the same?

No, but I assume they were manual gauges back in the 60s. It was just a different time back then. The early 60s were a legit drought. We all know how the 80s sucked. It's almost nbd now to pull off a 50" precip year up here now.

Just had bit of a thunder and lightning storm roll through.  Decent light show and a brief downpour.  I wasn’t really expecting it.  I guess I should have though since Wiz has been warning about the May 1 start of severe season for several months.