Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Even after 2 days of warm sun and low dews my soil was wet 2 inches under. The first heavy shower this morning resulted in instant puddles and mud. Rivers have stayed high and murky. Hopefully we can transition to a ridge pattern.

I mowed yesterday and soil is still soggy. Just not enough good days to overcome the bad. Hopefully May can improve, April can end now. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like easterly flow diarrhea on the models for about the next 10 days....maybe we sneak a decent day or two in between systems....time to go back into hibernation now.

You've been gone so maybe you missed it, but summer has already been declared here. I think a gypsy moth caterpillar in Tolland came out of it's pupa and saw its shadow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You've been gone so maybe you missed it, but summer has already been declared here. I think a gypsy moth caterpillar in Tolland came out of it's pupa and saw its shadow.

I haven’t seen the nests hatch yet. I’ve been checking them daily. I was wondering if some of the warmer areas in SNE have seen them hatch yet ?

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Planning on it. Drinking an IPA in Naples atm. IMG_20190426_134623.jpg

Captain Jacks, That dock with the black carpeting C/D dock is where i had my two boat slips from 2000-2007, 4th boat on the left of that dock and the slip right behind it were my two slips.

9 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Planning on it. Drinking an IPA in Naples atm.

Is that 302 in the background? If so you are on Long Lake. I'm surprised that many boats are already in the water. Spent a lot of time around there as a kid in the early and mid-70's.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Captain Jacks, That dock with the black carpeting C/D dock is where i had my two boat slips from 2000-2007, 4th boat on the left of that dock and the slip right behind it were my two slips.

Just now, Lava Rock said:

Yes sir. Trying to get a boat slip for the oldie. IMG_20150801_092543545.jpg

Did you talk to Jimmy?

Looking forward to a bike ride down in Margaretville tomorrow.  40 degrees with a 20 mph west wind for 55 miles and 5500' elevation, good times.  Beats what the Rasputitsa organizers are going through right now, though, relocating the route at the last minute off roads that haven't melted out or are under a foot of flowing water.  That ride's going to be hardcore this year!