Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Euro wasn't suppressed to me, esp EPS. We'll get 1-2 decent days, but otherwise kind of meh.

This BS about summer and fine spring is so absurd.  Most days in April with Precip ever in all of SNE by months end. Has been some nice days for sure but the absurdity trolling......

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Next Week ...

Given the fast/progressive northern stream lots of uncertainty
regarding timing of features but as of now Monday looks dry and near
seasonable behind departing trough Sunday. Good agreement between
GFS and EC on next frontal wave bringing rain chances here around
Tue. EC suggest dry weather returns mid week with frontal boundary
driving south of New England. However GFS suggest boundary not as
far south and yet another wave approaching the region midweek
introducing rain

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This BS about summer and fine spring is so absurd.  Most days in April with Precip ever in all of SNE by months end. Has been some nice days for sure but the absurdity trolling......

It's seemed like a decent stretch of April wx here after the first week. 3.10" so far MTD and a good chunk of that came with warmth and dews.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's seemed like a decent stretch of April wx here after the first week. 3.10" so far MTD and a good chunk of that came with warmth and dews.

Rain nice rain nice rain nice. Awesome when it was nice but 6.87 so far this month and probably 2 more before it is all set and done. Nothing better than warm rain with dews though.....

12 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Going back through the pictures and videos today there are definitely at least 5 and it almost looked like 3 different sizes.  I assume they must all be the same family?   I definitely will be very careful with compost bins and food items the next few weeks. 

Bears in New England generally breed every 2nd year, and mama usually chases off the 2-yr-olds before going into hibernation and dropping the next litter.  I think boar bears are bigger even as cubs.  My most thrilling wildlife memory was one September when I walked up on 3 bears, mama and a pair of 2nd-year cubs, chowing down in the tops of 2 beech trees.  I'd stopped in an awkward position, and after 10 minutes of their chomping and breaking branches, I slowly sat.  Not slowly enough - mama caught the movement and came down the tree atop speed - reminded me of lumberjack events where the contestants race up a pole, ring the bell, and are timed when they hit the ground.  Mama launched from about 15' and hit the ground running.  My only danger would've been if she'd forgotten where I was and trampled me.  I could hear her crashing away for a couple minutes.  Cub #1 followed her, #2 climbed 15' into another tree and perched on a large branch.  I walked to right under it, but had to leave after a few seconds because its whining was unbearably (pun intended) piteous.  Given the season and those cubs' size, I suspect mama never tried to get back to them.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I wonder if PA can tack on a few more TOR's tomorrow. 

did anyone know that PA has already had 15 tornadoes in 2019?

If I recall correctly, Oklahoma has had 1 and Kansas hasn’t recorded a single tornado yet this year.

3 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

If I recall correctly, Oklahoma has had 1 and Kansas hasn’t recorded a single tornado yet this year.

The past few years (heck even several) have seen historically low numbers down that way.

I saw some map (trying to figure out where it came from, but it may have been from spaghettimodels.com though I couldn't find it) which displayed #'s for each state thus far. Even CA was up there. 

This sometimes happens...  

You're scratching your head 'cause the tele's might be signaling one thing that the operational blend doesn't really agree with.  Then, the tele's change to match going the other way ... lesser usual, as the mean usually precedes the pattern modes...   Like now, piece of shit pattern appears more likely, despite those tele's

Up thru yesterday ...the GEFs blend was offering some limited hope for eastern ridging to prove more robust than the operational guidance version, pretty much across the board, were willing to give into.  They were all ablating (and still are ..) the top of the ridge with a steady diet of middling and smaller scaled perturbations...if not just laying a circular sander of N/stream westerlies to grind away at it ...either way, preventing a warm up...  

Now, the teleconnectors have 2' of snow for everyone on June 10 ...so enjoy your summer - which of course is code for 42 F soothing rain -