Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We must have different definitions of shitty, ha.  Glorious late afternoon and evening now.

59688213_10103720876954620_6307624236882

I mean that’s not shitty lol. But more or less these temps do stink. I’m ready for nice weather. I’ll be 40 in 8 days. Time to get old enjoy the warmer wx. Going to beach it as much as I can this year.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean that’s not shitty lol. But more or less these temps do stink. I’m ready for nice weather. I’ll be 40 in 8 days. Time to get old enjoy the warmer wx. Going to beach it as much as I can this year.

Ha, gotcha.  Was definitely confused.  Yeah it could certainly be 20F warmer and that would be fine with me.  I was still able to hike and ski in shorts and a hoodie this evening though, so not too bad.  The sun this time of year always feels pretty warm.

I wish we could just fast forward to like 82/45 days and then do that for like 4 months.  I've started liking the warmth more and more as I get older but still not a fan of humidity.  Dry heat is where it's at.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, gotcha.  Was definitely confused.  Yeah it could certainly be 20F warmer and that would be fine with me.  I was still able to hike and ski in shorts and a hoodie this evening though, so not too bad.  The sun this time of year always feels pretty warm.

I wish we could just fast forward to like 82/45 days and then do that for like 4 months.  I've started liking the warmth more and more as I get older but still not a fan of humidity.  Dry heat is where it's at.

Wait until kids. Will be epic in winter with skiing, but then April comes and it’s mud and wet clothes lol. 

44 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

High temps to match your age?  

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Good picture. The right side of that image though..:D

Yup it's creeping in.  Soon that right side will start to take on a light green shade while the left side still has white as the green moves up the hillside towards the higher terrain.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

We 41 in 4 days.

It is amazing how life generally works. And you can see it in most posters here. Most of us when we were under 40 didn’t enjoy summer and heat and dews . But there’s something about age 40 or so where you suddenly start longing for warmth and not liking the cold like you once did. You like your winters cold and snowy, but you want your seasons to perform in season. Mild to warm springs , mild to cool to ending cold falls heading into winter and HHH summers. As a 30 year old, I couldn’t fathom enjoying summer heat, but you just change and metamorphosis happens to most of us here. There’s a few older fellows that still ACATT, but they’re def few and far between and even those folks enjoy a ride on the waves or a whiskey sour on the snow mobile seat bareback on a sultry summer evening . Its fascinating to see how we evolve with age. Most of here can admit this 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It is amazing how life generally works. And you can see it in most posters here. Most of us when we were under 40 didn’t enjoy summer and heat and dews . But there’s something about age 40 or so where you suddenly start longing for warmth and not liking the cold like you once did. You like your winters cold and snowy, but you want your seasons to perform in season. Mild to warm springs , mild to cool to ending cold falls heading into winter and HHH summers. As a 30 year old, I couldn’t fathom enjoying summer heat, but you just change and metamorphosis happens to most of us here. There’s a few older fellows that still ACATT, but they’re def few and far between and even those folks enjoy a ride on the waves or a whiskey sour on the snow mobile seat bareback on a sultry summer evening . Its fascinating to see how we evolve with age. Most of here can admit this 

I've loved the heat and dews since I was a little shrimp 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

You’ve had more sun then the south this month. All we want is a 5 day dry period in the 60s and then get into a drier pattern overall. People are tired of the rain and clouds. We’re running way above avg rainfall dating back to last spring. Maybe it flips in June with dry heat so folks can enjoy a more pleasant summer...but I’m not betting against persistence. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1