Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

19 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I want that now!!!! If going to nasty and rainy it might as well snow, at least it's exciting. Plus New England floods are never really that impressive, too much topography. 

You should look up 1927, 1936, 1955 and to a limited extent October 2005.  At least locally in some places that last one was nearly as bad as 1955 but 1955 was much more widespread.  There's other events like Irene in Vermont that are certainly enhanced by topography.  

Some of the floods I mentioned are listed here but there are other sources as well:

https://www.weather.gov/nerfc/HistoricFloods

I'm sure our resident Sultan can chime in as well.

50 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

You should look up 1927, 1936, 1955 and to a limited extent October 2005.  At least locally in some places that last one was nearly as bad as 1955 but 1955 was much more widespread.  There's other events like Irene in Vermont that are certainly enhanced by topography.  

Some of the floods I mentioned are listed here but there are other sources as well:

1982 in S CT too

52 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

March 2010

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I have a swamp Maple that's still 100% bare as are about 20% of the trees around here. I haven't seen any fully leafed out tree, most are just putting out seed. In nearly 10 year's of living in Coventry at 820', leaf out was around May 5th.

Lol....there are no 100% leafed out trees here in Central CT...more nonsense from Tolland.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lived in RI then, all roads cutoff from my house, 13 mile detour for 2 weeks to get to work

I think there were 8 fatalities in CT from the event. It is the flood of record for most of the rivers from New Haven to Washington County RI (excluding the Connecticut and Quinebaug).