• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

I don't get why people do it either...moreso of how prone you set yourself up for destruction. You get people building multi-million dollar houses right along the ocean then get upset when they're destroyed...then they re-build...I mean WTF. I understand people love the view and all that stuff. 
The reasons you mentioned are also why I could never lol. If I do move closer to Branford it certainly won't be in Branford. 
I would love to live somewhere with an ocean view. I guess just grew up close to the water. Also up here, except for a few, not many houses get destroyed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just me, but I’d never live by the ocean. Too many bad things can happen and all are weather related. Sea breezes, cold springs or summers, mild and rain while just inland snows, cold water killing convection ,no snowpack retention. That’s just way too many negatives for my personal tastes. 

Cold water is more south coast and They’ve  had more severe than all of us lately. And today I’m warmer than most of you. We take the deep snow storms. 

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

I would love to live somewhere with an ocean view. I guess just grew up close to the water. Also up here, except for a few, not many houses get destroyed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well there is a difference between an ocean view and virtually living on top of the ocean lol. I don't get why some people build like feet away from the water 

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well there is a difference between an ocean view and virtually living on top of the ocean lol. I don't get why some people build like feet away from the water 

My ex G lived a block from the sea wall. It was awesome. Walls of house would shake during a storm and waves hitting the sea wall sounded like Godzilla was walking nearby. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Cold water is more south coast and They’ve  had more severe than all of us lately. And today I’m warmer than most of you. We take the deep snow storms. 

I get the allure, but for my wx fetishes , I just need to somewhat inland. I like being close enough to drive to the beach and visit in 2 hours or less . Sometimes wx is more severe there, but odds favor inland for the majority of time 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My ex G lived a block from the sea wall. It was awesome. Walls of house would shake during a storm and waves hitting the sea wall sounded like Godzilla was walking nearby. 

That sounds pretty damn cool actually 

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

nothing like hearing the waves.. as long as I can hear them.. I'm good.. 

For sure...can't disagree there. The sound of waves is amazing. Definitely a great ASMR trigger. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I get the allure, but for my wx fetishes , I just need to somewhat inland. I like being close enough to drive to the beach and visit in 2 hours or less . Sometimes wx is more severe there, but odds favor inland for the majority of time 

I don’t agree unless it’s ice storms. 

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t agree unless it’s ice storms. 

You would think someone with a wind fetish would love the numerous wind storms along the shore. I get a little jealous sometimes of the wind events and tropical threats James can get. Up here it's exciting if I get a 45mph gust in CAA. Then in summer, it's a stagnant < 10mph with dews. Airflow is a good thing. I wouldn't mind being right on the lake though.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You would think someone with a wind fetish would love the numerous wind storms along the shore. I get a little jealous sometimes of the wind events and tropical threats James can get. Up here it's exciting if I get a 45mph gust in CAA. Then in summer, it's a stagnant < 10mph with dews. Airflow is a good thing. I wouldn't mind being right on the lake though.

If he wants convection, look to you guys. You’ll get golf balls with dews in the 50s lol. 

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pickles, when you get away from feeding your girlfriend through a straw, I’ll show you some nicely beaches. 

I been to S shore beaches ...they all blow compared to Newport . Not close . Surf is a joke .

pasty Irish folk w SPF 80 , water temps 60 at Best , no babes moo-moo’s and screaming children ...just pitiful 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That’s the only pro (for me) of living there. But we get good winds at elevation , so unless it’s a TS, it’s not worth it. And it is a TS, I can go witness it in FMH if it’s not tracking up the CTRV.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s the only pro (for me) of living there. But we get good winds at elevation , so unless it’s a TS, it’s not worth it. And it is a TS, I can go witness it in FMH if it’s not tracking up the CTRV.

Doesn’t even come close. I think you average 13” more than me of snow. Sounds like a reason to live in the middle of nowhere.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I been to S shore beaches ...they all blow compared to Newport . Not close . Surf is a joke .

pasty Irish folk w SPF 80 , water temps 60 at Best , no babes moo-moo’s and screaming children ...just pitiful 

That’s because they’re handicap beaches.  Of course you won’t see much when you go with granny.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

More power to you Nick. I couldn't deal with that this time of year. :lol:

I mean a freak icing event would be cool, but it's like you guys are 30-45 days behind here. 40s and drizzle in June would make me grab the uzi.

I dont mind as much when it actually yields interesting winter weather. We had some days in june 2 years back where the high was 36/37 with fog and drizzle. The ocean is below normal this year so im a little worried about a late start to summer...

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Enjoy 3” snowpacks I guess. 

1k in Tolland is a nice place to be to escape the extreme summer heat across most of CT. All of those 95F days at BDL while, sipping on Coronas at 1kft, in the NE hills it's only 89F.

12 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I dont mind as much when it actually yields interesting winter weather. We had some days in june 2 years back where the high was 36/37 with fog and drizzle. The ocean is below normal this year so im a little worried about a late start to summer...

I can't even fathom a July like this.

http://climate.weather.gc.ca/climate_data/daily_data_e.html?hlyRange=2012-03-20|2019-04-23&amp;dlyRange=2012-03-20|2019-04-23&amp;mlyRange=|&amp;StationID=50089&amp;Prov=NL&amp;urlExtension=_e.html&amp;searchType=stnName&amp;optLimit=yearRange&amp;StartYear=1840&amp;EndYear=2019&amp;selRowPerPage=25&amp;Line=7&amp;searchMethod=contains&amp;txtStationName=st+johns&amp;timeframe=2&amp;Day=1&amp;Year=2015&amp;Month=7#