Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

5 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

Had to close the windows because of the heat and humidity. 76.1

How do you love heat and humidity if you are waving the white flag at 76F?  

I don't get you and your Tolland companion who look forward to heat and humidity only so you can sit inside in AC.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

How do you love heat and humidity if you are waving the white flag at 76F?  

I don't get you and your Tolland companion who look forward to heat and humidity only so you can sit inside in AC.

The hot and muggy wind was tearing through the house. Much nicer now with the wind subsiding. 71.5

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How much did they lose today 20” or so?

No way, lol.  Maybe 6-10" tops?  I mean even at hot and humid, this stuff takes a while to go.

But if you are going to melt a lot of snow, this is how you do it.  No freeze last night followed by a warm, humid day with 12 hours of dews >50F to ripen the snowpack, then just douse it with heavy rain tonight.

Yikes at the HRRR.  You could raft down the normally shin deep river out back right now and it hasn't even rained.

jDP7GI4.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

No way, lol.  Maybe 6-10" tops?  I mean even at hot and humid, this stuff takes a while to go.

But if you are going to melt a lot of snow, this is how you do it.  No freeze last night followed by a warm, humid day with 12 hours of dews >50F to ripen the snowpack, then just douse it with heavy rain tonight.

Yikes at the HRRR.  You could raft down the normally shin deep river out back right now and it hasn't even rained.

jDP7GI4.png

https://m.facebook.com/172017449509325/posts/2870521536325556/

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

jDP7GI4.png

That’s a danger ahead situation there. Yikes .Meh event SNE 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yeah.  I've seen enough over the years to know that a long warm humid day ahead of heavy rain this time of year has the hills primed for massive snow water equivalent discharge.  

Anyone gets a convective element to drop .25-.5" rainfall in a short period of time over the peaks and downstream is going to get hit like it was 2-3"/hr rainfall.

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Humid day on the slopes...with 102" of depth at the summit stake prior to today's melt.

Skiing these glades, probably 6 feet off the ground.

This snow is coming to a river near you soon.

58379459_10103711614202250_2426537551645

That is/was an incredible depth. I will be interested to see what's remaining up there at ~4k