Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Everyone in the world has been effected and pained by every single weather event we follow track and are enthused by . Every single weather event has effected someone horribly . Take a moment and think about that .This world has gotten more politically correct than ever  . It’s just that now some people are getting upset over anything ...I.E “baby it’s cold outside” pulled from the radio.. to each their own ...but people would cope better if there wasn’t such a premium on being offended. I am going beyond this weather board and I’m not speaking directly to anyone here this is Just what I see and what gets ratings . 

TRuthfully If I was effected by something like a hurricane where someone close to me was hurt and then someone posted about wanting a hurricane I would understand they are not cheering for my discomfort and someone’s death. * Unless of course i didn’t like the poster than i May choose to interpret something they said in a way That fuels that opinion * or maybe if I liked them I would decide not to comment and give them benefit of Doubt that it was innocent natured . . . Otherwise you go down a slippery slope where you are on egg shells enjoyunf anything at all weather related (anything) and nobody here is doing that 

Yeah, of course there should be serious discussion. But at the same time, when you remove the lighthearted and easy going aspect, you have a very sterile environment. Everyone is different and maybe some want a very banal, obvious, sterile thing. Nothing wrong with that but you've effectively removed any personality differences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Ask any met and all would harken back to an event that really got them going. I’m sure 99% of any events involved damage. For me it was Hurricane Gloria, although I’m on tape as a 3yr old talking about weather. I don’t wish anything on anyone, but I like awe inspiring events which usually involve damage. That’s me and any met that says otherwise is full of it. Nobody got into this field because of a cold outbreak or heatwave.

Violently agree. Gloria got me into at age 11. There’s not a single poster here.. not 1. That isn’t here for extreme wx. No one is here because they got into wx from drizzle or flurries under mostly cloudy skies. There’s a reason why the board crashes every single major winter storm ,east coast cane, TOR outbreak etc.  Extreme wx gets people amped up. Iron clad Tyhoon Tip Freudian clad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

idk...it was probably snow number 1 for me and extreme temps after that. I was obsessed with numbers when I was youngerso that may have something to do with it. Wx observing and climo data :weenie:

I never had any extreme severe wx growing up so there wasn’t a lot for me to get excited about.

.SHORT TERM /6 AM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT/...
Trough digging over the Eastern USA becomes a closed low Friday.
This further turns the upper flow out of the south, drawing
unseasonably humid air north. Precip Water values of 1.5 to 1.75
inches are forecast. This would be ho-hum for July, but not so
for mid-April. Average values for mid-April are 0.6 inches, and
high-end observed over the past 70 years have been around 1.4
inches.

How's that trolling? That is remarkable.

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

More boring than annoying.  But yeah.

I mean it’s bad enough we have one Kevin...but he’s sorta grandfathered in. We don’t need more posters with all of their posts being in bad taste. If people want to contribute and have meaningful discussion in this community then feel free to post. If you just want to stir the pot and troll, go somewhere else. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

.SHORT TERM /6 AM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT/...
Trough digging over the Eastern USA becomes a closed low Friday.
This further turns the upper flow out of the south, drawing
unseasonably humid air north. Precip Water values of 1.5 to 1.75
inches are forecast. This would be ho-hum for July, but not so
for mid-April. Average values for mid-April are 0.6 inches, and
high-end observed over the past 70 years have been around 1.4
inches.

How's that trolling? That is remarkable.

Dr Voodew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

I mean it’s bad enough we have one Kevin...but he’s sorta grandfathered in. We don’t need more posters with all of their posts being in bad taste. If people want to contribute and have meaningful discussion in this community then feel free to post. If you just want to stir the pot and troll, go somewhere else. 

I think this post is messed up. Granted we troll, but we all do.You troll more than most with little all weather discussions.  We also make plenty of serious , wx related posts. Thanks Bryan

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dendrite said:

idk...it was probably snow number 1 for me and extreme temps after that. I was obsessed with numbers when I was youngerso that may have something to do with it. Wx observing and climo data :weenie:

I never had any extreme severe wx growing up so there wasn’t a lot for me to get excited about.

Yea. Snow at like age 2 got me into weather. It’s one of my earliest memories in life, in Poland....running around in waist high snow. All other weather appreciations came afterwards. 

• Like 1