Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Take care of the dome. Tan is well established now, the day of a little red passed. Spent all day yesterday in the sun, today absolutely sucks, pinging at 5AM FTL

April tan..lol.  setting up that base so that you can sip 'ritas around the pool or down at Watch Hill with Taylor Swift all summer now that you are retired?

10 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

It's early summer now. 60 today and that is a cool down. Most of us have moved on from winter and embrace the "other" season.

What does "moving on" have to do with sensible weather?  

Sleeting at 37F outside my window...embracing summer as best I can today ;).

15 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Summer is a long way off. Enjoy spring. Been a decent month so far.

It really has been a decent spring ...  

I mean, spring sucks - it's usually a game of relative tolerance ... If it's tolerable suckiness, it's a decent spring.  If it's violating one's ass all the time, unrelenting misery ... it's a 'typical' new england piece of shit season.

Once in ten some-odd years you'll get an 80's April... like in 2009 I think it was ... but, by and large ..we're operating on a shoe-string budget of variability and hope -

I love these satellite loops in the spring that look like some cosmic -scaled bucket of white latex paint was spilled over the land like the ass end of a contractor's truck does on a highway ... 

As the mid level warm front slips passed ...it's exposing this glue over eastern PA/SE NY and western MA that is apparently resistant to summer intensity sun from evaporating it...  Yup, it's officially the 'violate planetary physics' in order to keep it shitty and cold and miserable time of year...  

There should exist spring carols... "...It's the mooost unhappiest tiiime of the yeeeearrr.." 

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

April tan..lol.  setting up that base so that you can sip 'ritas around the pool or down at Watch Hill with Taylor Swift all summer now that you are retired?

Usually start my tan in March April skiing.  Yes lots of beach trips too. I will be thinking of you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

See ya Saturday when you float by

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dr Dildew strikes again wishing harm on another poster. 

45 minutes ago, alex said:

Can we not ban posters who wish harm on others? Comments like that should not have place on a public forum

34 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s a joke , which we kno. Chill out and relax peeps...folks always do this crap when they don’t like a poster...it’s petty

31 minutes ago, alex said:

It's not funny. Would you find it funny if someone posted about your kids or your family being harmed? 

Are we serious here?   Does anyone think that an off the cuff comment about flooding, and then floating down the river is a true, credible threat?  Has the skin on people become thinner than that of single ply toilet paper (in the middle of a high humid day) where they actually feel like such an innocuous comment is threatening?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Why in the frig can't posters post Meteorologically sound reasoning and thought process?  So many stupid posts on these boards.  I don't need to spend my time reading jokes.  PM each other and talk about this crap.  

Alex had a devastating near life-threatening situation with his family and property.  I get it.

Move on

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Are we serious here?   Does anyone think that an off the cuff comment about flooding, and then floating down the river is a true, credible threat?  Has the skin on people become thinner than that of single ply toilet paper (in the middle of a high humid day) where they actually feel like such an innocuous comment is threatening?

Some like the back and forth ribbing  and some well need to differentiate between a random harmless comment to someone In particular that has nothing directed at anyone else 

we go over this every year w hurricane or tornado talk . Someone is “accused of wishcasting hurricane destruction “ bc they want an active year and a land falling cane ...someone that lost a house gets mad and calls posted out . Mods come in and say nobody is wishing harm it’s obvious .

so basically someone made something out of nothing that upset a poster who had something happen to them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dr Dildew strikes again wishing harm on another poster. 

Nah, he's joking.  He's literally an account created to mimic DIT...take his posts about as seriously as you'd take Kev's.  I'm in no danger and plenty of Covered Bridge jokes have been flying.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Why in the frig can't posters post Meteorologically sound reasoning and thought process?  So many stupid posts on these boards.  I don't need to spend my time reading jokes.  PM each other and talk about this crap.  

Alex had a devastating near life-threatening situation with his family and property.  I get it.

Move on

I didn't see it as a attack/threat at all.   But to each their own.

Also, I never knew about any life-threatening situation Alek's family was in and I'm sure many here didn't as well.

Honestly, most of the posts I'm seeing should reside in banter.  I haven't seen many posts worthy of what I would call discussion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Some like drama and some well need to differentiate between a random harmless comment to someone In particular that has nothing to do with them 

we go over this every year w hurricane or tornado talk . Someone is “accused of wishcasting hurricane destruction “ bc they want an active year and a land falling cane ...someone that lost a house gets mad and calls posted out . Mods come in and say nobody is wishing harm it’s obvious .

so basically ginx made something out of nothing that upset a poster who had something happen to them 

We all cheer on snow but the most weather related deaths in New England occur on snowy roads in car accidents.   

I guess it's also very situational.  I mean if most of us were based in Oklahoma we probably wouldn't be cheering on tornados quite as much like "lets level some towns tomorrow!"