Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup that was the corner turner for me too.  Having the sliders open at 7pm, beers on the deck listening to the birds and river.  Not putting on multiple layers just to walk to the mailbox...good stuff. 

I love anomalies and I'll appreciate any flakes this time of year...but I'm telling you....kids have made me want Spring in  a hurry...lol. Nice to get them out. 

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Only 0.6" here.  One year ago today was the 2nd day in a row with max 31.  Even with 0.7" precip, we got only a half inch of IP - zr at 30-31 with mid-April sun behind the clouds, accretion was minimal.

Maybe it was a year ago yesterday, but I think we had some snow..almost OES like. Really cold stuff. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I love anomalies and I'll appreciate any flakes this time of year...but I'm telling you....kids have made me want Spring in  a hurry...lol. Nice to get them out. 

I'll sign that.  I was even jealous of Farmington when they recorded 3" snow on 5/13/2002 (their latest in season 1"+) while we got a measly 0.3".  :weenie:

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yup, and like we were talking last night.... if the option is cold rain in the 30s, it might as well be snowing.  Most of it has melted off today except for a few spots here and there.

But we would all trade a cold rain/snow for some 70s and sunshine.

Welp ... we've pretty much cleared all hope of recouping any exit mercy-f* snow so, next best thing ...bring on the heat. 

Only problem is ...none to be seen, per the tenor of the operational model versions. 

Interestingly tho ...the GEFs NAO are favorable for lifting the westerlies E of 110 W ..., which theoretically would open the medium to expansion of ridging...  and with the PNA flat-lined and tending to sag neutral neggy heading toward week two... that all suggests we could see a warm ridge evolve.  

Nothing... 

Seems what the operational runs would rather do is ridge the super-synoptic scale...while plunking subset synoptic mid level cut-off gyres toward Long Island...  just perfectly axe-head wrong for spring/warmth enthusiasts.  

See, this is why April is a p.o.s. month. It's figurative as though some metaphysical force endeavors to create a pattern that 0 people can embrace -   ... I the words of Count Rugen: "how marvelous.." 

Actually ...to be fair... it's 60 with somewhere between cerulean and cobalt blue sky ...and with the wind slackening and the sun being hot ( mid august soon...), it's pretty damn spring like.  Hopefully it works out this way ...where we can sneak days in...  

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Why do people marry again

Asking for a friend 

just not a fan of the state regulating personal relationships 

Pretty nice tax advantage, and since that's State/Fed $$ involved, they want a say in it.  (Though I certainly don't recommend marriage for just the tax cuts. ;))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1