Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Discussion II

powderfreak

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Grass is coming up here now. A couple of sunny, dry days will help get those roots sucking up any excess water not evaporated or run off. Mud season is the worst.

first you hate winter, now you hate spring.  What now, summer will be the worst because of the dews? 

White ground this morning too.  I will point out the NEK did have floods yesterday too.  A few washed out roads, etc but nothing too bad unless it was your road.

My damage was limited to some small loss of soil from a raised bed.  Sorry no pics.  Fortunately my culvert clearing over the weekend seemed to help direct the water in the right direction.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that looks wet.  NVT lucked out in this latest round as the flooding was more central/southern VT...but we primed for water.

Maine dodged this first bullet as well, with most places getting <1" RA.  Front Street parking is normal in Augusta this morning, though a few cars may need to move as high tide approaches later today.  Still lots of snow in the woods here - my 14" this AM likely holds 6"+ LE - and even more in the mts.

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shutting em’ down

Yeah surprising decision but business in the spring is all about sunshine.  Another week of rain doesn't seem that appealing.

Good financial decision despite the large quantity of snow left.

This morning at Stowe... coverage is still fine but man no one wants to ski anymore.  Ya'll in SNE are out doing lawn work instead of driving north into winter.

57410723_10156008269747382_5325717184561

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It feels good to lawn. The other day having everyone outside in the low 70s with patio furniture, beers, and music was a game changer. Time for warmth. 

Yup that was the corner turner for me too.  Having the sliders open at 7pm, beers on the deck listening to the birds and river.  Not putting on multiple layers just to walk to the mailbox...good stuff. 

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

5 years ago today we had just under an inch from overnight slow and sleet.

Only 0.6" here.  One year ago today was the 2nd day in a row with max 31.  Even with 0.7" precip, we got only a half inch of IP - zr at 30-31 with mid-April sun behind the clouds, accretion was minimal.