• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 14-15 Snow Potential

Hoosier

really coming down again. 4' on cold surfaces easy. See LOT issued a WWA just to my west...though we clearly should be in it as well. Any thoughts on when things should wind down? Thought mid- afternoon..but radar still looks bullish

34 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

One of these days maybe the “warm ground/sun angle” crutch will die. Fact of the matter is, snowfall rates trump those factors...like today. Alas, it’ll be the same old thing next season with the early events..

I lament about this every year, so I can assure you it will never die. It's ridiculous, but it will never die. As a matter of fact, as soon as the word February is thrown around people start talking about Sun angle, it's an absolute joke. Heavy snow rates would stick to pavement in July if it happened, will it happen, of course not, but I'm just using that as an example. Sun angle means nothing with heavy rates.  Also, we had that cold blast in early March when those were in the single digits and highs were in the low 20s. We had an inch of powder on the ground that did not budge under full sunshine during that cold snap. Everything Sun angle is so overrated. Will fresh snow melt better on a sunny 32゚ day in late February than it does on a sunny 32° day in late December? Of course. Will very light snow falling on an early March day with temperatures in the low 30s not accumulate whereas that same scenario in December might have produced 0.1-0.2" of snow over the course of 4 or 5 hours? Absolutely. That is what Sun angle basically does. Everything else is overrated. Sun angle rant over haha.

Absolutely ripping here in MKE, was not expecting this at all. Bike is my only transportation at the moment and the wind blowing over 30 mph and the fat flakes slapping my face makes it pretty tough. Thankfully it's relatively easy to ride through. Roads definitely getting accumulation though.

What a freaking storm. Just got done building a snowman with my daughter and measured again. 

Still snowing lightly with 7.4” total thus far. Expecting a couple more tenths unless we switch to rain. During the thundersnow, I picked up nearly 2” in 20 minutes with snowballs the size of tennis balls pouring down.

I will try to get a time lapse from my security cam and upload it later tonight. 

• Like 2