Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 14-15 Snow Potential

Hoosier

5 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

Some of the best rates of the winter lol. If only it were a few degrees colder..

We are never happy are we ;-)

Starting to get slushy on roads here and if this keeps up there definitely will be road impacts.

Can only imagine if this keeps up for most of the day. Just set up a timelapse camera as this storm will be one to remember!

Pouring IP here right now. Feels like I'm back in the LAF. Looks like that'll be my destiny, as IKK will be just a shade too far East to see meaningful snows. Also noticed SGF and LSX hoisted WWA's for parts of their CWA's.

First winter down this way. Absolutely awful. You guys just get ice, rain, and mud. The humid summers make up for it but damn did this winter suck

20 minutes ago, King James said:

First winter down this way. Absolutely awful. You guys just get ice, rain, and mud. The humid summers make up for it but damn did this winter suck

Lol, ok. One winter doesn’t make for what always happens here. We certainly weren’t on the right side of the gradient this winter, but I recorded just over 30” for the season. That’s right on average. And summers here aren’t different than what happens 60 miles to the north. This isn’t the deep south:arrowhead: 

Anyways, have some flakes mixing in here now...total kitchen sink.

Just now, fluoronium said:

Snow absolutely dumping now. Have about 2" on concrete on everything. A few smaller branches are down from the heavy weight of the slush on the budding trees. I have never seen such heavy snow after the flowers and trees have bloomed out.

mcd0338.gif

going to get more difficult to accumulate as the day goes on with the high april Sun angle ...traffic cams showing wet roads now instead of slush

would have been better at night

Granted it was end of day but interstates went haywire quickly in Milwaukee last Wednesday with snow that started in the 3 p.m. hour ("peak heating"). It wasn't treacherous but certainly greasy under the wheels combined with people forgetting how to drive.

Milwaukee County DOT had salt trucks in waiting mode deployed this morning even though they look to be fringed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen. Unfortunately no thundersnow here though. A big branch fell onto my raspberry patch and smashed a bunch of my plants. The wind has been pretty strong too.

I took the picture on the left yesterday, and the one on the right this morning.
snowy.png.01658e92ec0acadc2b2f0271f7367e1e.png