• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 10-12 Great Plains Storm

stockwiz

A month after the last "bomb cyclone" that gave us mostly rain that got absorbed by our snowpack which has since melted and just mere days after some areas around where I live got upwards of 4 inches of rain from slow moving bands during the night, with near record high water tables in the town I live, with one resident saying his sump pump never ran for 26 years and now it's overwhelmed with an inch of water in his basement, we are on the verge of another storm that may just overwhelm my basement sump pump's ability to keep up.. luckily where I live it's expected to be all snow which MAY give the rivers time to lower the water table as it melts and minimize any hydrological impacts for residents in our area.  The locals here are "tired of water." 

14-20 inches of snow forecast here. The further south the storm track, the better. Discuss. :)

https://www.weather.gov/fsd/stormtotalsnow

https://www.keloland.com/weather/forecast/storm-center-update-monday-am-april-8th/1907688982

Also, I'll consider streaming a video of my front yard using youtube live if it works properly. 

WINTER_GFS0P5_SFC_ACCUM-SNOW_144HR.gif

12 minutes ago, Upper Level LOL said:

There's already another thread for this same system (with a typo in the title date)

The greater impact from this storm is not a line of severe storms down in Illnois, but rather the hydrological impacts from the brunt of the storm which is to occur in SD, NE, IA, and MN, which already have very saturated ground.  I did not see that thread, however it seems like it would be better put in the "ohio valley" subforum. Regardless, the moderators may choose to take any action they wish in the matter. :) 

17 minutes ago, stockwiz said:

The greater impact from this storm is not a line of severe storms down in Illnois, but rather the hydrological impacts from the brunt of the storm which is to occur in SD, NE, IA, and MN, which already have very saturated ground.  I did not see that thread, however it seems like it would be better put in the "ohio valley" subforum. Regardless, the moderators may choose to take any action they wish in the matter. :) 

I have added that as a discussion point for the topic so feel free to jump in.

7 minutes ago, Jebman said:

This is going to be a serious doozy of a storm.

Can we please have some of your water down in south central Texas?

I'll pay primo rates.

What’s up my main man @Jebman Of all weeks, I’m in Denver right now for the Craft Brewers Conference. I mean this could be like a dream I once had. Stranded in Denver with all the most amazing craft beer I could ever drink...and the bomb.com cyclone raging outside. Major shellacking incoming! It’s happening!! My problem....no boots for Jebwalking. But no matter. My Converse will just get very wet and cold. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scraff said:

What’s up my main man @Jebman Of all weeks, I’m in Denver right now for the Craft Brewers Conference. I mean this could be like a dream I once had. Stranded in Denver with all the most amazing craft beer I could ever drink...and the bomb.com cyclone raging outside. Major shellacking incoming! It’s happening!! My problem....no boots for Jebwalking. But no matter. My Converse will just get very wet and cold. 

Enjoy the snow! I am thinkin about trying to drive up there from Aus, to SD where they are gonna get 2 feet of wind driven snow!

UGH its gonna be 95 degrees in AUS today.

Summer comes early down here.

We've managed to fortunately stay more dry so far than they predicted here in Brookings area so far. The majority of the precip has kind of gone around us.. we just got a bit lucky so far.  Slightly less moisture in the system, slightly more north track so far. Still predicting the brunt of the storm to hit after midnight tonight, does look like it's coming, also seeing signs of strengthening the last hour. 

Tab2FileL.png