• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

It's interesting how some years ... maybe 1954 and the like, it's so easy to cinema an event on the EC ... it probably even seemed that way during those seasons.  Like, 'normal' or something. 

But this year?  Sprayin' 'em out of the tropics yet you can feel safe and secure in the notion, even complacent, that God would actually fail if he wanted to make that movie -

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yes but 7feet 14 seconds @ what direction 

ESE will screw Boston south due to Cape Shadowing 

plum island and N shore will have tbe goods

East. Long period swells have the ability to bend and refract some areas will be bigger or smaller then expected. Really comes down to local knowledge in regards to what areas will and will not see bigger waves. If I were up in NE I would be looking for points.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

East. Long period swells have the ability to bend and refract some areas will be bigger or smaller then expected. Really comes down to local knowledge in regards to what areas will and will not see bigger waves. If I were up in NE I would be looking for points.

Can you point me to one? I promise I won't panic.

20190907_085801.jpg

1 hour ago, Modfan said:

My rooftop view on Hutchinson Island in Port St Lucie day after Dorian passed; amazing how calm the ocean had become.

20190904_121231_HDR-1.jpg

Im familiar w the Ederman cam^^

was down for Dorian in Palm beach on Tuesday. That was the day ...Barrels . Was at Red Reef park.

Steve that looks like point Judith 

I liked this spot just north of Nahant beach couple saturdays ago and it’s close so it is either there or Plum Island.

9 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Is it safe to assume that disturbance just off of Africa which has about a 70% chance to develop will also become a fish due to  developing too soon?

Mm... not necessarily ? 

Typically ... cyclones that remain weaker, are shallower systems ( structurally in the troposphere ) and can ... "evade" early steering so to speak. But, there have been plenty of systems that make the trek and dodged weaknesses in the ridging, too.  

Ideally what we want so see happen as hurricane enthusiasts is not to have 2019's hurricane season - 

19 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Im familiar w the Ederman cam^^

was down for Dorian in Palm beach on Tuesday. That was the day ...Barrels . Was at Red Reef park.

Steve that looks like point Judith 

I liked this spot just north of Nahant beach couple saturdays ago and it’s close so it is either there or Plum Island.

Point Panic Weekapaug RI