Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

16 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Hopefully the trough catches this. Boring weather up here. 

Ya I agree.  Chances are very low as we all know. But it’s a boring time of year for weather enthusiasts.  I’ve never been a big fan of September.  Summer trying to hang on, and autumn can’t quite get a grip on us yet...like you said, SOOO Boring!!  

There was no "party" to begin with.    :)

I remember when I was 14 years old... the weather forecaster would mention a snow storm or tornado along the way of their broadcast, through a din of qualifiers signifying remoteness ... But I didn't often hear much less register those qualifiers in my auditory sensory processors in my shimmering sophistication as an observer back then... The next days always dawned jilted -

Going forward... a would-be Humberto (?) is a good candidate for a looper.  I realize no model is really doing that, but, I could see this thing being reasonably well-handled over these next three days ...then it starts moving ENE away...only to get abandoned by the trough as it flattens over the top of the west-Atl Basin STR.  It then moves ESE then S ... talking some 8 days out...  the models having shown poor ability to adjust/correct toward such a behavior for the obvious reasons.    Speculation... 

Looks like we've entered the phase of development where the zygote TC spits out meso-vortices... 

Meanwhile, hi res vis imagery looks animate what appears to be a mid-level curl beginning to more observerably fold cyclonically inward about 60 or so naut miles ENE of the midriff Bahama archipelago - 

The models will likely play the blind initialization game in the initializations; until they're nailing down something more of an entity in that matrix ...any and all behavior obviously comes along with a caveat emptor. 

IT does bring up an interesting question for these early stages of development with these things...  The tropical physical model of TC's is one heavily coupled to the sea/llvs ... but, it does some times seem as though the mid levels have a role in where the low lvl centers get "picked" hm

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Canes like Islands 2 fer Bermuda 

EPS  and GEFS still have members making a sharp turn and bringing it close to SNE.  also some EPS members ots or in the Gulf.. all are still at play until models latch onto a center  and strength.. still think we wait until Sunday to know for sure..

30 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

EPS  and GEFS still have members making a sharp turn and bringing it close to SNE.  also some EPS members ots or in the Gulf.. all are still at play until models latch onto a center  and strength.. still think we wait until Sunday to know for sure..

Doesn't matter where the center is with the hemispheric setup for us

There is nothing about the presently modeled circulation medium over our quadrature of the hemisphere that would physically allow that system to affect this region.  

Nothing... 

We can wait until Sunday - that is fine... as in this field, much to our chagrin there can be those rare time when the pattern morphs completely as an emergent, non-predictable circumstance, toward a more interesting x-y-z scenario.  Hell for that matter, no probability is truly zero in the perceivable Universe. 

There is no detectable trend to suggest any such morphology is taking place though.  In fact, the opposite.  In fact, it was espoused that would happen ( more likely...)  

JB?   ...of course he Trumps an impact scenario as plausible - he's a sell-out Meteorological hooker and despite his borderline buffoonery being repeatedly exposed, people keep posting 'JB says' followed by pieces of verbal shit ...

• Thanks 2