Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yup, there are many instances for both political parties throwing their weight around when it comes to department heads and ideology.  That’s why a lot of those moves no one can blame the current POTUS, everyone does it.  

The fun non-partisan stuff everyone can laugh at together is like reminiscing about the last time a POTUS held a press conference with hand drawn maps to prove a 3-day old tweet...South Park might have done that episode too.

Yeah. He was an idiot. You don't double down with that. Just say last thing I saw a few days back was a big ugly potato thing that looked like it went to Alibama

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol man you are naive

"both sides do it"  doesn't really work with this particular president.  I think wxwatcher made a thoughtful and accurate statement.  It is like saying the GFS and the EC both make mistakes, when the GFS has a storm accurately on 1 day of runs while the EC has it right on 6 days but the GFS ends up right on that one day.  Yes everyone makes mistakes and behaves in less than desirable ways, but amount and scale matter.

I tried to include the weather in this since I see the mods aren't being too strict.

Oh and Hi everyone!  Been a great summer.  

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

"both sides do it"  doesn't really work with this particular president.  I think wxwatcher made a thoughtful and accurate statement.  It is like saying the GFS and the EC both make mistakes, when the GFS has a storm accurately on 1 day of runs while the EC has it right on 6 days but the GFS ends up right on that one day.  Yes everyone makes mistakes and behaves in less than desirable ways, but amount and scale matter.

I tried to include the weather in this since I see the mods aren't being too strict.

Oh and Hi everyone!  Been a great summer.  

Hi, I meant this shit has been going on locally , state, Federal forever. Its good people are getting woke though.

Mmm...

The problem with Trump is Trump ... not political in nature; political distinction left the discussion ( or should long have by now ) for anyone with a modicum of intellect and moral/ethical awareness for quite awhile.  Wrecking balls of social stability can be red, white, orange, purple, yellow, Democrat, Republican or Libertarian.. Regardless, they are only detrimental, and that is true, with or without the invocation of political orientation

- that is the problem.  ...end discussion.  If you can't stand Republicans or Democrats or Libertarians, fine ... you need to fight for candidates that do not represent what Trump brings to the office of the presidency. 

Get it?  jesus christ.

Sorry, this is not directed any one in particular 'cept the straw man.  But I do believe that Society is already getting their modes of awareness centered around the above realization as it's becoming clear in a spectrum of ways.

2 hours ago, West Mtn NY said:

Yeah. He was an idiot. You don't double down with that. Just say last thing I saw a few days back was a big ugly potato thing that looked like it went to Alibama

Thanks for your service in Law Enforcement.  If I wasn't so addicted to skiing, LE was what I wanted to go into as a kid.  Tons of respect for you guys.

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

You’ve been on for 6 years already?  Where the hell does the time go, I remember when you worked at the drug store. 

It is mind-boggling how long a lot of us posters have been on here and the forums that came before this one.  Way back when the entire East Coast was covered in the same thread, ha.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Thanks for your service in Law Enforcement.  If I wasn't so addicted to skiing, LE was what I wanted to go into as a kid.  Tons of respect for you guys.

Thanks. Tell you the truth if I was 20 and in College again today, I don't know if I choose to be a fireman instead. These are sad times regarding community respect for LE in the inner cities. 

• Like 1

Just now, West Mtn NY said:

Thanks. Tell you the truth if I was 20 and in College again today, I don't know if I choose to be a fireman instead. These are sad times regarding community respect for LE in the inner cities. 

Every year on 9/11 Fox News does a 2 or 3 hr special called Day of Terror. If you ever get to watch it, after the first tower falls and you see the dust filling the street, the first thing they cut to is an interview with me asking me what just happened. I ran into the reporter 2 blocks North as I ran for what I thought was, my life as it started collapsing in front of me. Every year somebody calls me to tell me they just saw me on TV. Try not to think about that day but I guess that interview will follow me as long as there is a Fox News

• Like 1
  • Sad 1