Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Hazey said:

Well it's game on. I was hoping for the best but it seems mother nature has other ideas.

Juan - "I am the most destructive Hurricane to hit Nova Scotia". Dorian - "hold me beer"

I'll try and gets pics and any major updates for as long as I can.

Good luck!  My sister in law and family are in Dartmouth so I'll try to stay in touch with them and get pictures if they can.

Posted this over in the Dorian thread but figured I'd post it up here as well. Some wild footage from Hope Town via Jim Edds. Canada sure looks like it's going to get whacked. Quite the impressive structure for where Dorian is in the Atlantic. I'll probably take a drive up to Salisbury beach tomorrow to at least check out the surf.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Fukking amazing to live in Southern California type weather where every day you walk outside it’s an orgasm of sunshine and 78F.... but boring as hell for weather weenies.  

15 years of my life was spent that way...and earthquakes were too scary to enjoy

This is disturbing.  How NOAA pushed their local office under the bus when they corrected the President that Alabama would not be hit harder than expected.  

I cant believe he is still whining like a little snowflake over this and making the head of the organization clarify it for him.  He just cannot let things go.

https://www.noaa.gov/news/statement-from-noaa

The Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is disturbing.  How NOAA pushed their local office under the bus when they corrected the President that Alabama would not be hit harder than expected.  

I cant believe he is still whining like a little snowflake over this and making the head of the organization clarify it for him.  He just cannot let things go.

https://www.noaa.gov/news/statement-from-noaa

The Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time.”

Let it go let it go we have a forum member under the gun. Storm mode

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He just craps on everything he touches. The guy is mental. 

The reaction coming out from the weather community is awesome.  Glad to see folks standing up for their own.  Can’t believe it came to that for the poor folks at NWS Birmingham, as they were just trying to tell people Dorian would not be hitting them harder than expected.

Anyway, should be an interesting 24 hours from Cape Cod to the Maritimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hazey said:

Right up my fanny. No cheek spreading required. Unreal.
56184c2f92780b7523ad65939f5d21e1.jpg

I have kind of checked out of Dorian mode but this track looks bad for Halifax.  Strong south wind if the center moves just west.  Hopefully it weakens but you have to add in some forward speed I guess with the winds.  Good luck to you and Nova Scotia.