Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I love big storms until I lose power.  I get irrationally angry when we lose power ha.  Two October’s ago we lost power for 3 days when that huge SE windstorm hit and we ended up just leaving to go visit my parents lol.  

No patience for power outages.

Even if you have a genny (mine crapped out on me have to get a new one) it’s still not the same and quite uncomfortable. And I like being comfortable. 

Yes Wolfie, talk about a cluster of high clouds off west coast of Africa...please discuss. 

The only thing i'm chasing is the wife around the house or to the store for more booze, That's the extent of my chasing, I'm not chasing around after a possible scunado that may produce an EF nothing burger, Or go down Camp Ellis and watch the homes along the beach and adjacent road flood, You could see that on any coastal storm when its high tide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

Oh, well that's a different discussion about living in a place with low disaster risk (not available to the less fortunate, of course.)  This whole discussion started when I suggested Hazey go check out the storm in coastal Richmond County to fully experience its power. It's not about wishing disasters on people. 

Funny sidebar. Tolland was rated the safest disaster place in the State by the Insurance Risk Management coalition.  Thats funny as shit

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Even if you have a genny (mine crapped out on me have to get a new one) it’s still not the same and quite uncomfortable. And I like being comfortable. 

Yes Wolfie, talk about a cluster of high clouds off west coast of Africa...please discuss. 

You know what I mean Berg....we've exhausted this conversation now.   But whatever....

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Somewhat related, I've always found ice storms exciting and beautiful (the NNJ event in 1953 probably triggered my interest in both wx and trees), but that excitement is tempered by foreboding since I entered the forestry profession.

OT but have you read “The Big Burn” by Timothy Egan?   Great read and highly educational.  About the catastrophic fire of 1910 out west.   Smoke was detected as far east as Greenland.

47 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The only thing i'm chasing is the wife around the house or to the store for more booze, That's the extent of my chasing, I'm not chasing around after a possible scunado that may produce an EF nothing burger, Or go down Camp Ellis and watch the homes along the beach and adjacent road flood, You could see that on any coastal storm when its high tide.

I like to chase the groomer :sled:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

OT but have you read “The Big Burn” by Timothy Egan?   Great read and highly educational.  About the catastrophic fire of 1910 out west.   Smoke was detected as far east as Greenland.

No, though I've read snippets about that year.  Used to have (lost in a move?) a "disasters" book that included the fires at Hinckley (MN) and Peshtigo, and still have "The Week Maine Burned" about the fires of 1947.  (Which burned through a couple entire downtowns in SW Maine along with the "cottages" at Bar Harbor.  Caused 15 fatalities, but thankfully nothing like the above pair, 500+ at Hinckley and more than 1500 at Peshtigo where the flames rode the same winds that spread the Chicago fire.) 

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

You actually think he is wishing for his house and property, and neighbors house and property to be gutted by a quick moving CAT 3 or an F-2?

I think he wants an F-5 to go right through his backyard while he straps himself to some old plumbing and gets sucked up into the vortex.

twisterrevisited.thumb.jpg.70e26b32c546caf4c35e374236518841.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 12