Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

6z EPS nudged west. Probably not much of anything NW of the Cape, but it wouldn't take much for decent rains and 40mph winds in ern areas. The key for us, is the s/w diving in from the Canadian Plains. Need that to dive south an sharpen.

EPS.png.b3da3e50bf062b50ff09ca394232a8a7.png

slower dorian + deeper lakes s/w. definitely worth watching next few runs.

• Like 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Ughh.

I know in this past sometimes it’s been days since word but. I hope he’s alright :/ 

The most recent stuff I’ve seen is that he’s allegedly been reported as missing, but it’s unclear if that’s meant as missing from his last location or if he simply hasn’t been able to contact anyone yet. 

1 minute ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

The most recent stuff I’ve seen is that he’s allegedly been reported as missing, but it’s unclear if that’s meant as missing from his last location or if he simply hasn’t been able to contact anyone yet. 

It seems like most of that information is just rumors and speculation. I spent a good chunk of the night reading around and looking for info but there never seems to be a direct source the info is coming from. 

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Without shifting through the tropical thread any updated word on Josh?

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Ughh.

I know in this past sometimes it’s been days since word but. I hope he’s alright :/ 

From what I've gathered this is where he was located. Roughly ~25ft ASL. Looks like a solid structure but appears like its only 1 story tall. He's on this persons search listed as not found but who knows who reported that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M9wVx_Krgzb2cycTOGF4ZsS5JDrvRGwggCblUGtq6II/mobilebasic

"Morgerman, Josh (Central Abaco Primary School, Marsh Harbour, @iCyclone)"

I'd take it with a grain of salt for now. Josh knows what he is doing and like you said in previous extreme storms he's gone days without contact. 

hjsz0RX.jpg

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It seems like most of that information is just rumors and speculation. I spent a good chunk of the night reading around and looking for info but there never seems to be a direct source the info is coming from. 

Yeah I haven't seen anything that looked official, as far as I can tell it's people jumping to conclusions because he hasn't been able to contact anyone yet. 

4 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

From what I've gathered this is where he was located. Roughly ~25ft ASL. Looks like a solid structure but appears like its only 1 story tall. He's on this persons search listed as not found but who knows who reported that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M9wVx_Krgzb2cycTOGF4ZsS5JDrvRGwggCblUGtq6II/mobilebasic

"Morgerman, Josh (Central Abaco Primary School, Marsh Harbour, @iCyclone)"

I'd take it with a grain of salt for now. Josh knows what he is doing and like you said in previous extreme storms he's gone days without contact. 

hjsz0RX.jpg

That does look like a decent structure...hopefully there was not significant flooding there but from the few videos out there not sure how likely that is. Josh certainly knows what he’s doing though and I’m sure he had a backup to a backup to a backup al planned out and if he sensed danger he would quickly react 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That does look like a decent structure...hopefully there was not significant flooding there but from the few videos out there not sure how likely that is. Josh certainly knows what he’s doing though and I’m sure he had a backup to a backup to a backup al planned out and if he sensed danger he would quickly react 

Ya it would have been close I think. Plenty of videos out there that seem to show a 20ft plus storm surge and thats what the NHC put out in there warnings as well. Hopefully he checks in at some point today. Here's the map I pulled the elevation from.

MarshHarbourEle.jpg

I just got my first "slap" ever in Dorian thread.
Elinor, not that she needs defending was disparaged big time. I was just wanting to set the record.
What has become of the forum?
Kind of pissed me off...no matter...
Anyway, it's a beautiful day here in between the feeder bands that have now descended upon my area. Each one more intense then the previous. One is about to spin through in a few minutes. It ain't over in fact only just begun. Feeling grateful for what could have been to now what I think will be.  

2 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Elinor, not that she needs defending was disparaged big time. I was just wanting to set the record.
Anyway, it's a beautiful day here in between the feeder bands that have now descended upon my area. Each one more intense then the previous. One is about to spin through in a few minutes. It ain't over in fact only just begun. Feeling grateful for what could have been to now what I think will be.  

selective moderating in there.  Now, I know why I stay in the SNE forum.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

I don't believe turtlehurricane is Eleanor from BOX.  She was just Turtle, right?