Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

57 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelius said:

Those stadium effect pics posted by the AF recon planes are sick.  I can’t imagine purposely flying into that.  Getting anxiety just thinking about it - haha. 

Amazing what those pilots/planes can do. 

Ya I could never do it.. I hate turbulence  as it is on a normal flight

17 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

He's not a weather nut like the rest of us.

No but neither is my grandmother and she doesn’t need to be told twice that there’s such a thing as a Cat 5 lol.  Each one is something he’s certain has never happened before :lol:.  

Just makes shit up all day long.  But whatever works ha.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No but neither is my grandmother and she doesn’t need to be told twice that there’s such a thing as a Cat 5 lol.  Each one is something he’s certain has never happened before :lol:.  

It takes people's minds off the tariffs that went into effect today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He is trying to appeal to a "salt of the earth" segments of voters...Clinton and his team were good at this. I tried to be PC :)

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like a Cat 5, possibly the fifth time President Trump has heard of one for the 1st time: 

531BB56D-4926-4D1F-8DBC-D17AFE9A577A.jpeg.2bcd4f82c8ab1bc6f16d5c417df4ae1d.jpeg

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

Trump should try doing a lot more of the remaining silent thing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Is that Cobble Hill in Brooklyn?  My sister lived there for many years at 341 Clinton (?) Ave.  No idea why I can remember that address!

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Is that Cobble Hill in Brooklyn?  My sister lived there for many years at 341 Clinton (?) Ave.  No idea why I can remember that address!

Your sister was right around the corner from me. 341 Clinton Street. I’m on Tompkins Place which often gets mixed up with Tompkins Ave. Did your sister own the building. These 1860 to 1880 vintage homes are now selling in the multiple seven figure range. Mine was bought in 1954 for 13K.  One row house two doors down is on the market for 6.3 mil. Functional insanity.

Just now, rclab said:

Your sister was right around the corner from me. 341 Clinton Street. I’m on Tompkins Place which often gets mixed up with Tompkins Ave. Did your sister own the building. These 1860 to 1880 vintage homes are now selling in the multiple seven figure range. Mine was bought in 1954 for 13K.  One row house two doors down is on the market for 6.3 mil. Functional insanity.

They were renting that one, IIRC.  But they bought a fixer-upper in Park Slope about 30-years ago.  I think they'll do okay when they sell/move in a couple years when they retire. $$$

18 minutes ago, yoda said:

18z GFS gives SE Mass into Nantucket some fun at 126-132

What's really hilarious are the little run to run differences in the GFS track at 5-6 days out.  If this were January, this run would show a cutter after an OTS on the previous run, lol.  I know winter dynamics are different than early September dynamics, but still.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m not fond of flying but I’d drop everything to get on a recon flight. 

HH are incredible. Whether flying through a storm or collecting data around one, they save lives with their work.

Absolutely agree they play a role in saving lives.  I was just speaking in general with regard to flying into a Cat 5 hurricane.

• Like 1