• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 Observations

yotaman

Ended up with .95" of much needed rain. All the pollen was washed away and the trees, plants and grasses got a much needed soaking. After 2 days in the high's in the 40's and after a low of 35 this morning, we are warming up. Currently 63/47.

Last time I was part of this sub-forum, I was just a college student. Now I'm moving back to North Carolina with red tag under my username and experience of two of most insane winters in my life. Gonna miss these crazy northern winters, but I'm happy to have warm weather again! A day in 70 F was nice to return to.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Last time I was part of this sub-forum, I was just a college student. Now I'm moving back to North Carolina with red tag under my username and experience of two of most insane winters in my life. Gonna miss these crazy northern winters, but I'm happy to have warm weather again! A day in 70 F was nice to return to.

Welcome back, and congrats on the red tag!!

20 hours ago, WxBlue said:

Welcome and congrats.

I hope thiis doesn't become the theme this year...

The convection that developed over the Gulf
Coast and moved SE over the NE Gulf of Mexico, and now was
surging into the Florida west coast certainly has been disrupting
moisture transport into parts of the SE including AL and GA. Atlanta
has recorded less than 0.10 of an inch of rain thus far, and the
actual forecast was for 0.75 or so.

So, there is a bust potential today with the QPF. Not only is the
mid/upper level system weakening as it moves over us today, but the
Gulf Coast convection has been wrecking QPF.

On 4/3/2019 at 4:38 PM, WxBlue said:

Welcome back man. I remember you well. Where were you located during those insane winters? By the way, congrats on your red tag! 

22 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Welcome back man. I remember you well. Where were you located during those insane winters? By the way, congrats on your red tag! 

Southeastern New Hampshire near Dover. There was a stretch when I saw 43 inches of snow in 5 days. So... much... snow...

Thank you! Hopefully I'll be helpful providing my insights to this sub-forum!

23 hours ago, yotaman said:

Welcome and congrats.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, yotaman said:

Rain is having a hard time moistening up the atmosphere here. Been spitting for the past 4 hours. Currently 67/57. 

Yeah I was forecast for .50 and all I've had is 10 minutes of sprinkles. Quite an underperformer for my backyard.