• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2nd 2019 Possible Flizzard Discussion&Obs

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Sunny and dry in Simpsonville! Fitting end to a craptastic winter! Not a flurry or sprinkle

Light snow was reported here this morning. I woke up at 6am and saw the heavy precip setting up on a line from Greenwood to Rock Hill so I went back to sleep. Next 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Sunny and dry in Simpsonville! Fitting end to a craptastic winter! Not a flurry or sprinkle

I got 5 sprinkles around 5 am this morning and that's it. This after several runs of most models showing at least 0.25...with some showing 0.40  liquid or more here (0.90 on the nam) , multiple runs of the nam showing several  "inches", as well as several runs of the fv3...and euro showing at least a little something. I had a bad feeling yesterday when the hrrr showed the precip shield also well east of where every other model hand it. It figures that since 9 out of 10 systems trend nw, this one would be the one to trend east since that would be the best chance of assuring a screwjob here.  This is why i was super cautious about my chances here because naturally the winter hadn't sucked enough. Someone had to get one last big F.U. in. 

Congrats to those who got some though. Non mountain April snow is pretty crazy, especially in sc. 

• Haha 1

I saw something during the snow that was even more unusual than an April snow in NC. I work at a college and I saw a maintenance person mowing the grass during the time of the heaviest snowfall. I wish I could have gotten a picture of that - certainly it would've made the front of the local newspaper !!!

• Like 4

On 4/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, yotaman said:

Ok, so who was the big winner with this storm as far as snowfall goes?

I heard Weddington in Union County picked up 2". News in Charlotte focused alot from far SE Meck COUNTY AND INTO Union County. 

So I'M going with somewhere in Union. I'm near the speedway in Concord. Was fun to see moderate snow in April!!!

• Like 1