Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2019

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
1 hour ago, gunny23 said:

I just got to Bahrain yesterday for work and a sandstorm has moved in.  It's supposed to get worse so I will wait until it does before heading out for a sand Jebwalk.

I've heard sand storms are great for exfoliating your entire body, including your eyeballs

• Haha 1

Man, it is going to be a kick in the teeth to see that Greenland block move in mid April for more than likely more 40-50 degree rain storms.  I bet we get a good FV3 fantasy blizzard out of it though.

11 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Orioles magic is back :thumbsup:

lol yeah, 3-1 baby!

Reality- I am sure there is a 10 Game losing streak in the not too distant future. The combo of lack of talent on offense and starting pitching will pretty quickly become apparent I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Grunfield fired... finally 

I never understood why Ted kept him along for all this time. He's total garbage. The organization has greatly underachieved.  Even with a few Marquee players they still struggled. Need to clean house. Still, better than my New York Knicks. What a disaster.

Quite a bit of booing at Nats' Park during the Phillies' lineup intro and after the video tribute for Harper.  I was a bit surprised at the latter.  Let the video run, applaud nicely, then boo him again at his first at-bat.

Edit:  Given the weather (44 and raining) the only reason the crowd is that good of a size is because of him.  Although I'm sure it'll thin out considerably before the end of the game.

Further edit:  The boos, ahem, are raining down for his first-at bat, mostly drowning out the cheers.  Runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs.  Fans cheer for each of the two strikes, with boos the rest of the time.  Bob Carpenter: "If you closed your eyes, you'd think it's October."

Scherzer strikes him out swinging at 2-2 (with a foul in the middle of it), and the crowd is delighted.

1 hour ago, fourseasons said:

Quite a bit of booing at Nats' Park during the Phillies' lineup intro and after the video tribute for Harper.  I was a bit surprised at the latter.  Let the video run, applaud nicely, then boo him again at his first at-bat.

Edit:  Given the weather (44 and raining) the only reason the crowd is that good of a size is because of him.  Although I'm sure it'll thin out considerably before the end of the game.

Further edit:  The boos, ahem, are raining down for his first-at bat, mostly drowning out the cheers.  Runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs.  Fans cheer for each of the two strikes, with boos the rest of the time.  Bob Carpenter: "If you closed your eyes, you'd think it's October."

Scherzer strikes him out swinging at 2-2 (with a foul in the middle of it), and the crowd is delighted.

Good riddance to Harper.  I was going to the game but had to stay late at the office.  I would have joined in the chorus of boos.  

June 21 2019 Severe Disco 4:12PM EDT

Warm front continues to slowly lift through the region to the NNE in a WNW to ESE axis ahead of an impulse of energy approaching from the west. Along and in the vicinity of this warm front surface dewpoints have risen to around 80F w/ temps into the low 90’sF. Surface winds have also backed to ESE in the vicinity of the warm front. Any remaining CIN is just about gone and a few storm cells are starting to pop up over I-81 near Winchester, VA and Martinsburg, WV. With the extreme instability in place (4500-6500 J/kg mlcape), very strong effective bulk shear (55-65+kts), and strong low-level directional shear (effective SRH 250-450 m2/s2) with low LCLs, these storms and any other storms that pop up may become intense supercells capable of producing tornadoes. Some of these many produce strong and long-track tornadoes as they move east-southeast across the region especially between 5-10pm. These storms will also be capable of dropping very large to giant hail (perhaps 4”+ in diameter) and destructive, perhaps hurricane force winds. Some mesoscale guidance develop a severe MCS behind the initial supercells with the main impulse of energy riding along this frontal boundary. Should a MCS develop a more substantial widespread wind threat with some particularly significant wind gusts may evolve with severe hail and QLCS tornadoes. Bottom line is that this afternoon and evening will be a very dangerous one for severe weather in the Greater Washington Metropolitan area.

At this time, tomorrows severe threat seems mainly focused towards the Maryland/Pennsylvania line and the Baltimore region.

Forecaster: George BM

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic