• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2019

George BM

So we are contemplating moving and it's likely we will either stay in the immediate area or head west. So, what's a good location for me for snow? I'm in Elkridge now. Mount Airy, New Market, and Frederick are areas we would consider. Preferably, we would like to stay near 70 for commuting purposes, so Parr's Ridge is out.

If there's enough interest, I'm thinking of doing a summer contest- forecast the highest temperature recorded at the usual four airports (BWI, DCA, IAD, RIC) with a tiebreaker being to forecast the highest temperature from one of the following: Charlottesville (CHO), Hagerstown (HGR) or Salisbury (SBY). Let me know your thoughts!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

If there's enough interest, I'm thinking of doing a summer contest- forecast the highest temperature recorded at the usual four airports (BWI, DCA, IAD, RIC) with a tiebreaker being to forecast the highest temperature from one of the following: Charlottesville (CHO), Hagerstown (HGR) or Salisbury (SBY). Let me know your thoughts!

BWI: 106F

DCA: 108F

IAD: 107F

RIC: 110F

SBY: 105F

UGH.

70 degree dewpoints here in Buda TX. High was only 83. Average high/low down here is already 78/59, about to reach the dreaded 80/60 Line. In mid April, no less.

Its gonna get worse. In August it hits 99/78, those are AVERAGES ouch. Its often HOTTER.

Sorry to be so deb, but this place gets very warm very quickly.

• Sad 1

Dear Weather Channel:  Not everyone in America has 40+ inch televisions.  So if you're spending all day talking about severe weather, why is a chunk of right side of the screen a graphic that says "Severe Weather Threat" (duh), another chunk of the screen shows either sky cams or traffic cams from various places, and the part of the screen where you've actually got a weather map up showing what's going on that map even fully taking up that space?  Instead it's a camera looking at a green screen that is set back.  A viewer can admire the flooring and walls in the studio.  For those of us who have smaller TVs, the font on the maps is nearly unreadable at times and depending on where they're focused you won't even necessarily know where they're talking about if you happen to have the volume muted or on low. 

At least ditch the unnecessary graphic on the right.

Rant over.

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Holy cow, did they ever! Having a healthy Backstrom this year is helping, and though it's great he's scoring, having him winning face offs is key. Sorry to see Oshie out but fun to see Pelly-Smith back.

Yeah, I wonder if the dirty hit on Oshie (and unfortunate injury) + DSP recall will be the catalyst the team needs.  If we can close out the Canes, tomorrow night, we have to seriously regroup for Trotz and the Islanders.  They looked scary good vs the Penguins.

14 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yeah, I wonder if the dirty hit on Oshie (and unfortunate injury) + DSP recall will be the catalyst the team needs.  If we can close out the Canes, tomorrow night, we have to seriously regroup for Trotz and the Islanders.  They looked scary good vs the Penguins.

I'm not looking past the Canes, but the Islanders have had me worried for months.  They are a dangerous team, but one thing at a time, right?  Let's get the win tomorrow night and get a few days rest.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jebman said:

You know whats scary as all hell down here in central TX?

Thunderstorms with 75 dBz returns. Hail from these kinds of storms can be HUGE.

I want rain, but I dont want 4 inch hail and wind gusts to 90 mph.

I don't know. That sounds like quite a bit of fun to me... perfect Jebwalking conditions.

Have you taken any epic Jebwalks down there yet?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, George BM said:

I don't know. That sounds like quite a bit of fun to me... perfect Jebwalking conditions.

Have you taken any epic Jebwalks down there yet?

I did enjoy a good jebwalk in the sleet this past winter. It was hard to walk because I was sliding on all the large ice pellets LMAO. I tried to dance, damn near fell on my @ss!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic