Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2019

George BM

20 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Some more missing data was downloaded last night from wxbell so slowly getting there . I didn't realize they launched it unfinished.  Still some parameters missing but it's closer. 

I'm slowly warming up to the new layout.  Just give more states options in the ens and ind members....I mean one of the hand full of options for US states is Western Idaho!?  Random choice...lol

I do like that it stays on the selected hour and parameter as you flip through diff models and runs.  Makes comparisons much easier than before.  Not as easy as TT but the previous models page made comparisons impossible.

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I cant find the true North America map for H5 on Euro options only some zoomed in partial . I really like looking at vorticity and anomaly on the full NA view . I agree there's some decent changes but more cons for me so far .

It's under "Global & Continental" for surface products but you are correct....H5 and vorts panels do not have that option.  Hopefully they are getting feedback from subscribers.  Seems like an oversight.  Change sucks but I feel like once bugs are worked out and full content added it will be much better than the old system....just my opinion.

20 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm spending the week in La Crosse and Minneapolis next week.  GFS says I may see snow. Last year same time I was in la Crosse and got 7" of snow. Crazy stuff 

Some of the totals that the models are putting out for SD/MN are nuts.  3” QPF, mostly snow (ratios bad, but still).

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This past weekend was a quick reality check for the O's and also a firm answer to the question "Why Not?"

Just a shame they played well on the road and then laid a biscuit back home. 

If they win 50 games this year it will be a miracle. 

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I know you are all rooting for UVA tonight. Keep us in your thoughts. emoji16.png

Can you promise it won’t be 22-16 at half?  That’s the only reason I’ll pray!

JK as a Hokie, I’m rooting for a good game and a TT win for my bracket to win.

https://www.weather.gov/news/190504-sun-activity-in-solar-cycle

Seems to be a good article on the predicted upcoming solar activity...Now, I don't know much about the correlation with our snowier winters, but--I like this sentence, lol

"The current solar cycle, Cycle 24, is declining and predicted to reach solar minimum - the period when the Sun is least active - late in 2019 or 2020."

Well that would fit in quite nicely with next winter wouldn't it? :D  (they also mentioned that the entire cycle would be weaker similar to this one we're coming out of) If there be any correlation at all...c'mon mod nino!!! Haha

2 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

https://www.weather.gov/news/190504-sun-activity-in-solar-cycle

Seems to be a good article on the predicted upcoming solar activity...Now, I don't know much about the correlation with our snowier winters, but--I like this sentence, lol

"The current solar cycle, Cycle 24, is declining and predicted to reach solar minimum - the period when the Sun is least active - late in 2019 or 2020."

Well that would fit in quite nicely with next winter wouldn't it? :D  (they also mentioned that the entire cycle would be weaker similar to this one we're coming out of) If there be any correlation at all...c'mon mod nino! :lol:

Winter is coming. Our first legit -NAO winter since 2009-10. Book it. 

28 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

He'll get a hit soon . Law of averages lol but he's actually hits some shots but yea its terrible.  Defensively at 1st he's been lights out this season but you  have to hit " some". As far as the team I've seen some things I like so far and I'll leave it at that .

He just needs to face Trevor Rosenthal.  Something will have to give!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic