• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wagsphoto
    Newest Member
    wagsphoto

April Discobs 2019

You know whats scary as all hell down here in central TX?

Thunderstorms with 75 dBz returns. Hail from these kinds of storms can be HUGE.

I want rain, but I dont want 4 inch hail and wind gusts to 90 mph.

Some may think I am a sicko that needs severe help stat, but what I CRAVE, is a Cat 5 hurricane that levels Corpus Christi then stalls out over south central Texas and dumps about five feet of rain in Buda kind of like Harvey did over Houston a couple of years ago. I adore severe floods. I also happen to live on a low 80 foot ridge down here heh.

59 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

You know it is gonna be an ugly day when it is 60 degrees at 7 am in the morning........in April.

Really? I don't think it is supposed to be all that warm today.

46 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Really? I don't think it is supposed to be all that warm today.

Yeah low 70s, a good 7-8 degrees cooler than yesterday. Plus dews in the low 50s. Hard to complain about that.

7 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah low 70s, a good 7-8 degrees cooler than yesterday. Plus dews in the low 50s. Hard to complain about that.

Felt OK overall, but  in the shade it felt very nice. Garden stores doing a brisk business the last two days. Might put some stuff in the garden on Saturday, temps should be great but heard it could be very windy.  

Euro really bombs the Friday/ Sat system ...to 980 mb actually this run. Should help with severe chances I would think.  Definitely will be windy Fri/Saturday at the least with 850 mb winds in the 60 knot range overhead 

• Like 2

Hrdps looks like it's ready to blossom storms big time at 48(18z Fri) . Look at this surface  temp contrast 50s in WV / W. Va.and 80 in central Va...nice

Screenshot_20190424-192141_Chrome_crop_485x602.jpg

Screenshot_20190424-192204_Chrome_crop_398x446.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

@losetoa6

I believe @high risk mentioned in the severe thread about Friday... mainly the 3K NAM I believe.  Both the Euro and the HRDPS look intriguing though

Another La Plata tornado possibly, time for another one.   

I remember 2002 like it was just yesterday. 

https://www.wusa9.com/video/weather/local/home-video-of-la-plata-maryland-ef-5-tornado-on-april-28-2002/65-2583120

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Doesn't look like much rain today for I-95 other than a line around 4pm.

That's because I canceled my mulch delivery and yardwork for the SECOND Friday in a row due to rain.  I rescheduled it yet again for next Friday so we all know what will happen.

temperature-wise, this has been the best april i can recall.  perfect spring temps almost from start to finish.  cherry blossoms were strong, too.

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

temperature-wise, this has been the best april i can recall.  perfect spring temps almost from start to finish.  cherry blossoms were strong, too.

April is probably the best month to be +5-7F.

40 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

April is probably the best month to be +5-7F.

it really is.  perfect temps...and i'm not embellishing.  i can't find too many flaws with the weather this month and it hasn't been a super soaker either.  just enough to keep things green, but not enough to muddy the trails.

Temps dropping nice ..53 and gusty nw winds . Anemometer is not working but its blowin good. Best storm here was at 5:30 am this morning..lots of thunder 

49.4 mph peak at 11:44.  Highest so far today.  Definitely brisk out there.  With the leaves it's definitely louder, more "hissy" sounding almost like tropical.

• Like 1

Pretty wild how it went from barely a cloud in the sky today to currently raining, like a spring clipper.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Nice cool rainy night... windows open

Yep...was going to do the fire pit but rain started as we started it lol. 

Guidance suggesting possible frost Monday morning n+w ..

Screenshot_20190428-005749_Chrome_crop_540x777.jpg