• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

April Discobs 2019

17 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It's the boxing day set-up, only in April. I am fine with it this time around.

yea, that's what i keep thinking whenever i see that type of a setup lol.  since i'm off tomorrow, i really didn't care for any type of nasty weather anyway.  i think wind will be the biggest impact here...hopefully not too much of that.

Lots of below freezing mornings lately. Still haven't needed to mow grass ..probably another week at least lol. I don't have the time anyway working 11- 12 hour days lately 

Nams suggesting only upper 30s for Friday for northern areas(37-38 imby).  That's pretty chilly this time of year for sure . Euro is 40-42 ..so only a bit warmer. Decent cad it appears and  actually parts of central and eastern Pa stay below freezing all day( per nams) with frozen precip most of the day ..dam*

Gfs ...says what you smokin lol

I Kid You Not.

We had a mix of rain, sleet, and graupel at high noon, on April 1st, in Buda, TX.

Talk about April Fools Joke. It was 49 degrees too. It lasted about forty minutes.

• Like 3

Spent the day yesterday readying the yard to throw out some grass seed (again) today. Hoping the rain Friday, Sunday night and Monday give it a good start....... 

16 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Spent the day yesterday readying the yard to throw out some grass seed (again) today. Hoping the rain Friday, Sunday night and Monday give it a good start....... 

I did the whole grass seeding , air raiding,  turf building stuff for years at 3 different homes for years spending $ 100s and $100s each spring , fall and never could keep a consistent good lawn . Mostly because I've had 1 to 2 acres on average so watering was impossible with no rain . And sprinkler on timers would tax the well so I just mow and that's it now a days lol and have more beer $ in the wallet .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Icefishingrocks said:

Sure is quiet around here.  I guess that's a wrap, see you in the fall.

You can stick around. People can and do post in the spring and summer. It was nice to get a day above 60 yesterday, and nice to have a morning that wasn't freezing. I like four seasons. Spring is one of the four I very much like.

• Like 1

It does get slightly mild around central Texas in early April lol.

We hit 91 degrees, with a dewpoint of 49.

Three nights ago we dropped to 32. Gotta have two wardrobes around these parts this time of year, but summer will win out soon.

14 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I did the whole grass seeding , air raiding,  turf building stuff for years at 3 different homes for years spending $ 100s and $100s each spring , fall and never could keep a consistent good lawn . Mostly because I've had 1 to 2 acres on average so watering was impossible with no rain . And sprinkler on timers would tax the well so I just mow and that's it now a days lol and have more beer $ in the wallet .

I was basically down to dirt over 2/3's of the yard, had to do something lol.

3 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

I was basically down to dirt over 2/3's of the yard, had to do something lol.

Yea...that's a whole new ballgame there lol. ....unless mud bogging is your thing :lol:

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2019 at 7:23 PM, IUsedToHateCold said:

They issued a red flag warning? Why? It's so wet out that I bet you couldn't get a wildfire to spread if you tried. 

Actually its been pretty dry recently. My soil is dry and dusty for the first time since last July.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Actually its been pretty dry recently. My soil is dry and dusty for the first time since last July.

Same here. Today isn't looking good for much rain. I guess I'll be pulling the hose out to water my potatoes. 

Mud season in full swing here.  Just a shower and puddles everywhere.

SE Winds gusting to 25mph and low 40s.  Quite raw outside.

When does the drought thread get revived?  Two precip underperformers in a row.

• Like 2