SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Discobs 2019

George BM

12 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

1.39" for my April total rain.

The tide seems to have turned, maybe.

It's been a great month. We got an extended period that I would actually call spring before going to 80+ and high dews. It seems like we've been robbed of this the past few years. I hope it continues well into May.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, TSG said:

It's been a great month. We got an extended period that I would actually call spring before going to 80+ and high dews. It seems like we've been robbed of this the past few years. I hope it continues well into May.

Very true, IMO

Wood heating forum friends in NE telling how this is the longest burning season in memory. Not frightfully cold, but can't seem to get the stoves shut down for summer.

Don't worry; summer will strike soon enough.

58f and ovrcst here this morning

OK, TWO months in a row of me being 'on time' with a monthly report! BUT, don't get used to it lol

April 2019 numbers for my location

Averaged high for the month was 66.9 degrees vs a normal of 66.5 degrees, a +0.4 above average. Warmest temp recorded was 82.7 degrees on the 24th. Averaged low for the month was 43.5 degrees vs a normal of 38.4 degrees, a +5.1 degree above average and 4th warmest since records from 1980. Coolest temp recorded was 24.9 degrees on 1st and 2nd. Overall averaged temp for month was 55.2 degrees vs a normal of 52.8 degrees, a +2.7 above average. Total rainfall for the month was 6.38 inches vs a normal of 3.30 inches, a +3.08 above normal and 3rd wettest April since records kept in 1980. Wettest day was on 20th with 2.62 inches. There were 15 days with measurable, 3 days with a 'T' and 12 dry days. ZERO snowfall for the month vs normal of 0.3 inches. This ties several years with 0.0 marks. Highest wind recorded for the month was 40 mph on the 27th. Overall a wet and warm month. One other record, a new daily 'cool max' of 46.1 degrees on the 16th.

• Like 1