Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2019

George BM

14 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

When the sun popped out midday it went from dreary and wet to spring magic in just a few minutes. With the breeze, a lovely day.

Exact opposite happened here yesterday. Day started partly cloudy and temps warmed into 50's, then it rapidly clouded over in late afternoon and got windy and cold with rain. Temps dropped back into low 40's in about 2 hours. 

54 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Exact opposite happened here yesterday. Day started partly cloudy and temps warmed into 50's, then it rapidly clouded over in late afternoon and got windy and cold with rain. Temps dropped back into low 40's in about 2 hours. 

Wow - your climate is another world from here sometimes.

You know whats scary as all hell down here in central TX?

Thunderstorms with 75 dBz returns. Hail from these kinds of storms can be HUGE.

I want rain, but I dont want 4 inch hail and wind gusts to 90 mph.

Some may think I am a sicko that needs severe help stat, but what I CRAVE, is a Cat 5 hurricane that levels Corpus Christi then stalls out over south central Texas and dumps about five feet of rain in Buda kind of like Harvey did over Houston a couple of years ago. I adore severe floods. I also happen to live on a low 80 foot ridge down here heh.

7 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah low 70s, a good 7-8 degrees cooler than yesterday. Plus dews in the low 50s. Hard to complain about that.

Felt OK overall, but  in the shade it felt very nice. Garden stores doing a brisk business the last two days. Might put some stuff in the garden on Saturday, temps should be great but heard it could be very windy.  

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

@losetoa6

I believe @high risk mentioned in the severe thread about Friday... mainly the 3K NAM I believe.  Both the Euro and the HRDPS look intriguing though

Another La Plata tornado possibly, time for another one.   

I remember 2002 like it was just yesterday. 

https://www.wusa9.com/video/weather/local/home-video-of-la-plata-maryland-ef-5-tornado-on-april-28-2002/65-2583120

40 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

April is probably the best month to be +5-7F.

it really is.  perfect temps...and i'm not embellishing.  i can't find too many flaws with the weather this month and it hasn't been a super soaker either.  just enough to keep things green, but not enough to muddy the trails.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic