Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

8 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The current temp gradient is 42F in the NE corner of my town and 59F in the SW corner (about 8 miles distant). Crazy.

Yeah, it’s a nice spring day west of the backdoor marine layer.

4B02D618-DFD4-4280-A959-87409DCD617D.jpeg.71002e225d407be397c4ec1667945338.jpeg

Get out of our chilly corner of the US and its a nice warm day.

We havent had it bad at all though, tomorrow it'll be sunny and seasonable temps. It could easily lock in for days and days of dreary foggy weather this time of year. Im fine with marine air when it doesnt linger endlessly.

Screenshot_20190409-132729_Storm Radar.jpg

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

Exactly-this kicks out of here tonight and while we are cool next 2 days, it's sunny and around 55-60 depending on location.  I've seen these BDCF's linger 4-5 days around here.

We don't get them nearly as often as eastern SNE does. Sometimes they see these BDCF all the way into June. 

7 hours ago, bluewave said:

Saturday looks like our next warm up as the near record strength Central US low pumps the SE Ridge/WAR.  People will really appreciate this on a weekend day. 

never bet against that ridge

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_fh96_trend.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Everyone wear pants here except for cops who work on the beach and parks.

Anthony, I have never seen an Officer in uniform shorts. I guess I have to get to the beach more often. I do remember mounted police in Dyer Heights when I was a kid. Maybe Unc remembers also. I remember some older neighbors ready with a shovel to collect that vegetable enriching manure. 65+ years ago, not as many cars then. As always .......

1 hour ago, Tatamy said:

Just to make things interesting that line of showers and thunderstorms moving across eastern PA and NW NJ is putting down some CTG lightning.

Yep. I've been shooting timelapses from high point since 230pm..all those cells slid just around me except this last one that's raining on me right now. I think I got some lightning I have to check when I get some but the timelapse will certainly be cool

7 hours ago, Snow88 said:

We all complain when its hot.Try wearing the vest and the long pants all summer.

Walk in our shoes before making a smartass post.

The vest and long pants are a big thing thing, but the biggest problem is the extreme heat and humidity brings out the crazies making you that much more busy!